Deploy add-on, customize settings

Hello everyone, this is my first ticket about add-on !
I’m IT Manager and I would like to promote Firefox in my company. I made a script that deploys Firefox ESR with three add-ons and everything works very well, thanks to all the documentation found on https://developer.mozilla.org
The only thing I actually can’t achieve is to customize the add-on during the installation. After installation, everyone can go in extension/options/edit option and as I understand, the options are stored in the “storage” area of Firefox. But is there a possibility to edit custom options during the installation ? For example -> copy xpi, add lockPref(“add-on.myaddonXY.Thisoption”, false); to mozilla.cfg ?
Another idea, is it possible to decompress the xpi, modify the JavaScript file which contains the default option, and rebuild the xpi ? But how to rebuild the xpi file with the same signature ?
I hope there is a solution to my problem and thanks for any feedback from one of the communities !
Best regards, PEM

It’s possible to pre-load settings if the extension uses so called “managed storage”, which the extension would then document as to how it’s manageable.

Hello, thanks for your answer. I don’t know if the extension (in my case Local Filesystem Links) use “managed storage” but I find that the parameters are located (on windows) in “%AppData%\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\uv0dy6we.default\browser-extension-data\jid1-JAzC7z53jemo5Q@jetpack\storage.js”. Is it possible to preload settings in that case ? Or should I overwrite this file ? Have you got any clues ?

You should not rely on that file. It will no longer be used in the next ESR (assuming you’re deploying ESR) and even earlier for regular releases. The best option would probably be to work with the extension author. The extension source code is open-source and available on Github: https://github.com/feinstaub/webextension_local_filesystem_links

Hello, Thanks for your answer. I’ll contact the author to know if there is any possibility to implement that.