Feature Request: disable "open new tabs" privileges for add-ons on individual base

Hello, add-ons still exist that continuously open a new tab leading to their sites AFTER an update
My computer is slow, and not every plugin/add-on is replaceable.
The forced opening of new tabs is rather unfriendly for people with low-resourced computers.
Yet there are many (of course including myself) who prefer the add-ons to be updated automatically, without such nuisance.

My attention should be focused on browsing the web, not the add-ons people (including myself) depend on.
I hope the developers here have it in their hearts to take a look at this matter and help people like me to maintain their sense of freedom;

1 Like

A lot of addons rely on opening tabs for many purposes, so there is basically no chance of this, itā€™d break way too many. If there is an addon that is continuously opening new tabs, please list it here so it can be reviewed.

Sorry for the late reply, let me rephrase the feature request:

Disable ā€œopen new tabsā€ priviliges for add-ons on a ā€˜per individualā€™ base.
I just want to be able to pick the add-ons that are allowed to open new tabs or notā€¦

Forgive my English, itā€™s not my first language.

Again, a lot of addons rely on opening tabs. If there is an addon that is causing a problem, please report it. If itā€™s only opening one tab, and only after an update, maybe talk to the addon creator about it.

I agree with that the addon dev that opening a new tab on every update is very annoying. I actually took your advice and modded my addon to only open the tab on install. On future updates it doesnt open it, its annoying a tab pops up when you arent expecting it, and steals focus from what youā€™re doing.

Share this feedback with the author Im sure heā€™ll see the light. I did from your post :slight_smile:

Iā€™m really feed up to see annoying new (useless) tab for each new addon update.

And more than all other things, itā€™s doing it during the time where you are doing something and disturb order of the tabs.
Nothing should be able to disturb the action of a user when he is using a browser, should be UI first rules. User decides, browser comply.

So, it should be a mandatory option, or a right, as you wish. But, by not doing so, all youā€™ll be getting is than users will disable all update of all addons, which is dangerous.