Feedback on Chinese translation quality

Hello,
I teach Web Development to Chinese students and I often point them to MDN for references.
I am very happy with the quality of English resources, and I assumed that the Chinese translation was on par, but I do not speak Chinese myself. Today a Chinese teacher (non-programmer) pointed out to me that a page title (in Looping code, from Introduction to JavaScript ) looked wrong to her.
Is there any Chinese speaking programmer that could help me understand if that page has errors or if it’s just that teacher that does not know the proper programming vocabulary? And in general how does the community guarantees the quality of foreign translations - Chinese (simplified) in particular?
Thanks for the wonderful work!

Hey Azani, MDN depends on volunteers to a large extend and that’s even more true for translation/localization. Sometimes we have a strong community that watches over the translations and maintains quality, but more often than that, we have drive by localizations and no strong community lead, in which case the localization quality varies greatly. We currently have no way to control that at all. We’d love to approach localization differently, but it’s currently not a priority.

Pinging @meteor and @ziyunfei to review the page in question. Can you take a look to see if it is up to date and correctly translated?

OK。I will check the page.

1 Like

The page is correctly translated.
But maybe the tutorial is not easy for non-programmer to understand.

Thanks @meteor, for taking the time to check, and for the feedback.

1 Like