FOSDEM 2022 online - DevRoom proposal submitted

Hi Mozillians

With the help of @anthony I just submitted our proposal for a DevRoom at FOSDEM, Europe’s largest FLOSS event, happening virtually on February 5th & 6th 2022. We already had a presence this year with a virtual developer room. We’re trying to keep the tradition of a presence for the last 20 years.

We will get the info if our devroom gets accepted by November 20th. At that point we will follow up and post the official Call for Presentations. Until then, please think about whether you would like to present something Mozilla-related. If you would like to be reminded when the Call for Presentations goes live, please feel free to reach out to me (or post below here) and I will send you a personal reminder.

Here’s a list of possible topics (in no particular order), but this is just a help for you to think about what kind of topics could be represented. We’ll be very happy to hear your own ideas!

• Web Technologies: HTML, CSS & Layouts
  • MDN Web Docs
  • Firefox Developer Tools
  • Firefox in General
  • Privacy & Security
  • Performance
  • Network on Web browsers
  • Diversity & Inclusion
  • Thunderbird
  • SUMO
  • QA
  • Web Compatibility

As this year, next year’s FOSDEM will be held virtually. Talks will need to be pre-recorded, and there will be a live Questions&Answers section (around 15 minutes) at the day of FOSDEM.

If you already have questions, we’d be happy to answer those. I’ll post a new topic here on Discourse and share it in multiple channels once the Call for Presentations is open!

Until then,
Michael

3 Likes