Goodbye seems to be the hardest word

This is a journey I’ve started 14 years ago, and unfortunately it comes to an end.

I’ve joined the Mozilla community by accident, back in 2003 (yes, before Twitter, Facebook and Youtube). I’ve been involved in several campaigns and projects as Volunteer, and I was part of the team that launched Firefox OS in 2013 in Spain. In 2014 I had the privilege to start working in Mozilla, joining the Events team.

I’ve been part of incredible events and projects during these last 3 years:

• Firefox 10th Anniversary (with buses in Brazil, India and Germany)
  • Brazil and Arabic meetup (2014)
  • Community Gatherings (2015 & 2016)
  • FOSDEM 2015, 2016 & 2017
  • All Hands

And so many other things that happened. I’ve been inspired by the community, worked with amazing people from all over the globe. I would like to thank so many people that it’s impossible to name everyone here. I also would like to thank all the volunteers for your patience and your amazing work… you are key to Mozilla success, and you were my main source of inspiration on my day to day job.

It’s hard to say goodbye, but this is how life evolves, new things will come and I believe that the Mozilla community will show its strength and prove why it’s a reference in the Open Source environment.

I will take some time off, looking for something that makes me feel vibrant and inspired, but feel free to ping me if you need help. I will help as much as I can, specially if it’s for Mozilla.

See you around.

17 Likes

Seeing friends go is always sad. I’m sorry to see you go Franc

I haven’t known you for as much as most people but I always appreciated your sincerity in dealing with everything around. That’s the true heart of Mozilla.

You have a good friend in me, and thanks for all the help yu’ve given me personally abroad with my less-than-average travel skills. :smile: :sweat_smile:

I really wish you nothing but the best, and thanks for the fish :slight_smile:

Francisco, I wish you all the best and I hope you will be as enthusiastic in a new vibrant and inspiring adventure as you’ve been while working for Mozilla. I’m so happy to have met you and always enjoyed meeting and working with you. You’ve done so much for the communities all around the world. Keep rocking!

Fran, thank you for all wisdom, advice and the countless times you kindly offer your help. I’m sure your next adventure will be fun and rewarding.

Once a Mozillian always a Mozillian.

1 Like

Francisco,

Sad news to read, but like other people said, there will be new and incredible plans in the near future for you.

We spent a lot of time doing great things. You were always there to help and contribute great ideas. Taking some time off will be great to understand what you want to do next, and in which way you can help this project and community.

Hope to see you soon when you decide to visit Buenos Aires!

Franc, it is hard to see you leave. Attached is a picture from ReMo Camp 2012 in July 2012 in Berlin. What a crazy ride.

Keep it up and hasta pronto!

-Henrik

1 Like

Oh… Just after sharing my reports with you I got this notification and I was like shell shocked :open_mouth: . Your footprints in Mozilla is not going to easily matched which may be sad part,but the good thing is that you are leaving the program on a high note. An unmatched energetic person.
Wish you a wonderful time ahead! :tada:

I’m very surprised by the news, it’s been a long time and a lot of things and I’m very grateful for all the things you’ve helped to get a better Mozilla.

Thank you.

Very sad :frowning: I think that the Open Innovation team (for me will be forever participation team) will be not the same!
Also after the left of Guillermo and Brian is already not the same :-/

Ciao!
(I cannot put italian gesture here and the emoji are not enough)

1 Like

I’ll share again my words here too:

Fran, we know each other for more than 13 years, it was thanks to Mozilla we have shared our paths many times to the point we can call each other friends.

You have been a fundamental piece of this organization since then, from your years localizing Mozilla Links blog to more recently great support to enable events and communities around the world as an employee.

Our paths will for sure cross again in the future.

Thanks for all your passion and work!

Oh Francisco, this is a sad new.
But the few time that I could interact with you was very important. You were a pillar for us with the mozilla Centroamerica team.

You filled us with a lot of inspiration and you believed in our abilities to work as a team. I appreciate all the support and I wish you all the best in the following days :relaxed::raised_hands:

Greetings from Nicaragua!

Hey Francisco,

You are really great and I am sure you’ll succeed in your new journey as you did at Mozilla…anyway we’ll miss you…wish to thank you for everything you have been doing for us…

Best,

ganesh

Hola Franc!

That’s bad news, last year we met for the connection that Reps has made and I had the opportunity to learn a lot and get their support, guidance and improve/shape my work as time passed.

These events and projects you have listed are just a little bit of your work, my entire community has been directly benefited by your mentoring, guidance and support of small to big activities runned in Brazil. Your work was essential to our activities’s success.

I can not wait for you to bring all your expertise and awesome work you have done here on Mozilla around the Network to other company, which have always been fun, respectful, supportive and responsible.

Gracias,
Geraldo Barros

Franc, you’ve been amazing at the things you’ve done for the last 3 years for Mozilla. I had a chance to interact with you during Leadership Summit at Singapore in early 2016 and I realized you were even more humble and helpful in person! :slight_smile:

All the very best on your future endeavors and here’s hoping our paths cross again! Adios.

We just haved few opportunity to met and discuss but it was a real pleasure. I wish you all the best for the future.