Time off from Mozilla

After more than 10 years as Mozillian (as volunteer and staff) it’s my time to take some time off. There are lots of memories from these years:

• my first Firefox talk at a free software event in Buenos Aires
  • my first fight on custom with swag coming from Mozilla’s office
  • building Mozilla Hispano community
  • being on stage for Mozilla Summit 2013
  • our first meetings for Mozilla Reps project (and being on the first council)
  • Firefox OS launches in Latin America
  • hours and hours of conversations with people from all over the world and different cultures
  • and so on, so many that will be impossible to write all of them

I’m proud of what we accomplished and honored to have the opportunity to work with so many amazing people.

We all know that Mozilla is needed on these times, and that the mission is more relevant than ever. So this is not a forever good bye.

If you need something from me, you know how to reach me :slight_smile:

See you in the Internet!

==update==

A joke to close, as the replicant said:

I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. People installing Firefox on strange computers. Firefox OS phones sending Whatsapp messages. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to leave.

19 Likes

Guillermo,

Thanks a lot for all the hard work both as a volunteer and staff. I don’t think I would have remained a mozillian if it was not through your help through the years. You, Brian and others have been a positive role model of what community work and leadership should be for me.

Thanks a lot! And see you in BsAs or Rio :smiley:

1 Like

¡Muchas gracias por tu dedicación y conocimiento!

Sincere Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Guillermo,

Thanks for eveything, for sticking along all those years, for being an awesome mozillian. I feel sad to see you leave and sincerely hope that we will meet again, although Argentina is far away from France, maybe someday ?
It has been an honor and a pleasure to work with you…
And as long as one person remembers those moments, they’re not lost in time :wink:

1 Like

@deimidis you know that our mozilla paths have been always connected for more than 12 years, since the early times as volunteers to more recently as staff.

Your history at the community is Mozilla’s history, from the creation of the community in Argentina, Mozilla Hispano, long hours localizing websites and campaigns, enabling the creation of most (if not all) Central and South America communities, funding the Reps Program, launching Firefox OS grass-roots efforts and empowering, coaching and inspiring a bast number of contributors all around the world.

You are Mozilla, and I’m sure Mozilla will be always in you.

Not a goodbye but a “See you soon”.

Take care! :wink:

2 Likes

Wishing you well my friend, I am grateful for the many opportunities Ive had to work side-by-side with you both as contributors, council members, and working on participation. I know great things are ahead for you, and glad we can continue on as friends for many years to come. Raising a glass to you !

1 Like

@deimidis it was great to be with you in the many occasions throughout the years. I am sure our paths will keep crossing each other!

Un abrazo enorme!
-Henrik

1 Like

Sad to see friends leave the project. You have been great in your work for the Mozilla volunteer community, and crucial to move all of us forward. That said, I hope to see you back in some form after some time.

Once a Mozillian, always a Mozillian!

1 Like

Guillermo, we have shared so many memories in all these years, I feel so lucky to have had such a great Jedi Master to teach me the ways of Mozilla, to be one with the Force, and many other adventures, you will be always welcome in Venezuela.

Your fiery passion, work, dedication and patience will be always remembered dearly in this community, without you many small communities in LATAM wouldnt have sprouted into the big robust trees they are now :blush:

Not a goodbye, but a see you later online!

Once a Mozillian, Always a Mozillian!

1 Like

Thanks for all the amazing work @deimidis

It was a great experience working with you on the Mozilla TamilNadu community meetup planning. I learned a lot of new things working under your mentorship during the event planning.

@deimidis Thank you very much!! I feel so lucky to have worked with you. But today I am deeply saddened by this news. When a favourite Mozilla staff leaves it hurts a lot :frowning:
All the very best for your future. Take care :slight_smile:

Guille,
you’ve always been a moving force into the community and an inspirational leader so I would like to thank you.
You’ve been a good friend and colleague so I will for sure miss working with you.
If you ever happen to be in Europe again please let me know, I would love to have a good conversation over a glass of wine :slight_smile:

See you soon Guiglermo :wink:

Thanks for all the fantastic work and support @deimidis!
I learned a lot in those years that we participated in several activities together here in Brazil!

Hope to see you soon! :grinning:

2 Likes

Adios Guillermo! May your future pursuits be awesome!