How can I change an add-on from unlisted to listed?

I have submitted my add-on (auto-reader-view) to https://addons.mozilla.org and set the initial visibility to “Unlisted”. When I go to the “Manage Status & Versions” link for this add-on I see the three radio buttons “Listed”, “Hidden”, and “Unlisted” in the “Addon visibility” section. However they seem to be disabled and I cannot change the visibility to “Listed”. Is there another process for doing that?

See

1 Like

The answer to my question was in the docs:

Due to some limitations on our site, in order to switch from Unlisted to Listed, you’ll need to delete your add-on entry and submit it again.

@TheOne, could you please clarify, will the previously signed versions of unlisted add-on remains valid after deleting add-on from AMO?

I will clarify why I ask this. I have and unlisted add-on with number of users. And now I want to make it listed. The plan is following:

• the current unlisted signed version will be still distributing from my site.
  • I will remove add-on from AMO and ask admins to allow reusing of the GUID.
  • I will upload the version to the AMO as listed and ask for preliminary review
  • after the review will be passed, I will change update.rdf on my server to point on the latest version on the AMO - so, all users will be updated on the listed version.

The questions is: will my existing users still be able to install and use the unlisted versions signed previously, after I will remove add-on from AMO and before it will be uploaded again and reviewed?

Contacting admins is no longer needed. The document has been update to reflect those changes.[quote=“Kwizzu, post:4, topic:7300”]
The questions is: will my existing users still be able to install and use the unlisted versions signed previously, after I will remove add-on from AMO and before it will be uploaded again and reviewed?
[/quote]
Yes, the signature is part of the add-on file.

1 Like