If you sign into the app and cannot access your list of saved logins (your usernames and passwords) or encounter unexpected behavior, there are a few progressive steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue.
1. Close and reopen the app
- Tap the Home button. This sends the Lockbox app to the background.
- Navigate to the Lockbox app from your app screen.
- Reopen the Lockbox app.
This should allow you to pick up where you left off, either logging in, unlocking, or getting access to your saved logins.
2. Force quit the app
If closing and reopening the app doesn’t resolve your issue, then you may try to force quit the app.
- Double-click the Home button to show your most recently used apps.
- Swipe right or left to find the Lockbox app.
- Swipe up on the app’s preview to close the app.
3. Disconnect account and sign in again
If all else fails, you may try disconnecting your Firefox Account and signing-in again.
- Navigate to Settings
- Tap on Account
- Tap on “Disconnect Firefox Lockbox”
- Confirm the Disconnect action
This takes you back to the “Get Started” screen where you can sign in again.
Note: You may actually end up here in some cases after force quitting the app, but we don’t expect that to happen to you. Please let us know if you do and what you were doing before this happened.
4. Delete and re-install the app
We hate to suggest this but something may cause your app to get in a broken state. Please try deleting your Firefox Lockbox app, re-installing it, and signing back in:
- Navigate to the Home screen with the Lockbox app icon
- Tap and hold on the icon until it “wiggles” and shows an “X” in the corner
- Tap the “X” to delete the app and confirm the removal
- Navigate to the App Store and re-install the Firefox Lockbox app
Once you delete and open the app, you should return to the “Get Started” screen where you can sign in again.
If any of these steps don’t resolve your issue with using Lockbox, please create a new topic here in Discourse: https://discourse.mozilla.org/c/test-pilot/lockbox and let us know what you were doing before you encountered your issue and which of the steps above you tried to fix your problem.