Here is the way to get nice coloured scrollbars:
Use the link above to get an add-on or with a bit of CSS magic, change them yourself:
- Go user’s profile folder
- Create the directory/folder ‘chrome’
- Create a file called userContent.css
- Add the css you need - using this format, then change the colours to suit (named or hex)
scrollbar-color: yellow blue !important;
- Open “about:config” in firefox browser bar
You are looking for this entry:
Search for: “userprof” to find it
If it is ‘false’ click on the toggle button and make it ‘true’
- Completly close firefox, then start it up again to see the effects of your CSS.
As I have a custom theme, thanks to Firefox Color, I took hex colours from that for my new look scrollbar.
Web Pages I referenced to get this fix:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1280594 ( cor-el’s post)