I am coming to the Leadership Summit!

Hi my name is Pamela and I live in Mauritius and here’s a photo(beautiful beach)

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is the launching of Firefox OS through the Orange Klif and organizing Womoz events
  2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about growing our community be getting more women involve in technology and organizing events with women in the year 2016
  3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be learning how to express myself in public, acquire leadership skills and time management
1 Like

Hi my name is Kensie and I live in Toronto and here’s a photo I took at Niagara Falls, which is not that far away, but it’s not really in Toronto! shh!

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is project managing Community Ops
  2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited to learn how to get practical support for my crazy ideas, not just emotional support.
  3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be project management skills related to helping teams and communities accomplish their goals.
1 Like

Hi my name is Ganesh and I live in Mauritius, here’s a photo! from a place call Mahebourg in the south of Mauritius

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is the launching of FirefoxOS in Mauritius allowing us to meet thousands of people; my contribution towards community growth in the region - Madagascar and Mozilla Africa, my integration to new Mozilla projects

2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about focusing new projects - like FirefoxOS medical platform, community expansion,networking and

3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be the learning about the mechanism to help in creating impact and how to talk and deliver like a pro.

Hi,
My name is Rabimba, I live in…oh well lets start with Siliguri, India (from where I am writing this post now) which looks like

But I am mostly situated in Houston, TX which is kinda like

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is convincing developers around the world in conferences on the importance of open source. Convincing tizen developers, Microsoft Evangelist, Adobe Developers about the importance of open web and why we need these technologies Mozilla is working on and why contributing on them is good, is a rare satisfaction in itself. I am also proud to have worked with MDN team, TechSpeakers and talking to a bunch of potential mozillians at UT Arlington was awesome.

2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I’m really looking forward to enhance the TechSpeakers program to be more organic, lessen dependency and make it a self replicating one. A program where everyone can be a leader and enable techspeakers in his/her own group. I am also looking forward to completing my MIG project which should enable a global safer and secure Mozilla server monitoring system.

3. I am looking forward to get involved in how we can direct more effort towards meaningful and tangible code contribution in Mozilla as well as what direction FirefoxOS and MozVR goes to better align future efforts in making community work.

1 Like

Hi, my name is Andrzej Mazur and I live in Warsaw, Poland.

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of is the ability to share the gamedev knowledge with as many interested devs around the world as possible through attending conferences, giving talks, running workshops or helping with the booths. It’s great to talk directly with the devs and help fix their problems or suggest interesting cutting-edge technology to use in their projects.

2. Looking forward to 2016 I am excited about Firefox OS focusing on connected devices - I can’t wait to see how those devices can work together using the open web, I’m also excited about WebVR and the future of virtual reality on the web. I would also like to help the Tech Speaker program grow and expand.

3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be to grow my local community, but also connect game developers globally and offer them solid documentation on the new APIs and technologies.

¡Hola! Mi nombre es Alex Mayorga y vivo en el área metropolitana de Monterrey, México. ¡Foto!

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is showing Schrödinger’s Firefox OS to hundreds of people at MWC 2015 in Barcelona.
  2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about building an active QA/Foxfooding community in Mexico.
  3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be community building and impactful contributing.
1 Like

Hi my name is Ina --Dian Ina Mahendra and I live in Jakarta - Indonesia, here’s a photo of the place where I spend most of my time everyday (inside and out), thinking about crazy stuff like contemporary artist, conceptual art or ultra-modern site-specific installation!

Looking back at 2015, the things I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla are being part of the team to restructure Indonesian Community and embraced distributed leadership as our ideological philosophy. My 2nd thing is being the school visit organizer’s wrangler during Webmaker App Launch initiatives in 14 different cities in Indonesia.

Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about building more communities in Indonesia and taking financial role in Indonesian Community as part of my contribution for Mozilla.

The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be Other than leadership, my most anticipated skill will be strategic thinking and negotiation.

Hi my name is Gauthamraj ( Community calls me as Raj ) and I live in Perundurai, Tamilnadu, India here’s a photo!

1) Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is, my involvement during the 4 weeks of User Field research conducted by Mozilla and GSMA across different cities of India. Was able to do my best for the development of Reps and FSA program as Reps Council and FSA E-board member. Worked closely with MoFo in testing the Mozilla Clubs initiative and the curriculum’s in Bangladesh. Regionally, I hosted few events in locality that found to be an inspiration for some. Also, very happy and proud to see some of my mentee’s stepping up to take new initiatives across different functional areas. Lastly, the amount of messages and support that I received for the mails from our unknown friends Watson and Dicky Moe :smile:

2) Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about meeting new and old friends from our community, understanding Mozilla’s goal for 2016. To learn how webliteracy can help bring more participation, Effective Mentorship model for mutual empowerment and more tips for sustained community building.

3) The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be Community Leadership, Evangelism , Best Practices for effective and sustained participation.

Hi my name is San Emmanuel James and I live in Kampala, Uganda - The pearl of Africa, here’s a photo!

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is The Mozilla Festival East Africa

2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about Connected devices and community building.

3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be leadership and technical skills.
    [/quote]

1 Like

Hi my name is Mariot Tsitoara and I live in Madagascar, here’s a photo!
http://www.tourist-destinations.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/madagascar-3.jpg
And here is a dragon :wink:

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is the starting up of the Madagascar Mozilla Community :smile:
  2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about getting our community of contributors bigger and more geographicaly distributed!
  3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be the Community Leadership and how to deal with conflicts

Okay, that’s not a dragon but just a Gecko. But a very awesome Gecko :wink:

Hi my name is Avash and I live in Nepal, here are few photos!

http://www.mountainworldtreks.com/files/pics/Kagbeni-Upper-Mustang.gif

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is successful webmaker events simultaneously in various part of the country. Revival of localization of firefox in Nepali language and release of languagepacks workable enough to test the interface in Nepali.

2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about outreach/expanding our community in various parts of Nepal. Right now it is more focused only in Kathmandu (Capital city of Nepal). Activating other functional areas that hasn’t been yet started or worked properly here.

3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be Public Speaking, Outreaching, Learning how to spotlight the areas we have worked on so that it can reach a large number of audience etc. (Mostly about expanding and taking the community forward).

1 Like

Hi my name is Achyuth and I live in Paris, France although I’m from India, here’s a photo I got to take a while back!

And this one I stole from the internet :stuck_out_tongue: - Love Locks from Pont des Arts!

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is the number of amazing events I got to take part in. I learnt a lot more than I thought I would. It gave me the opportunity to get into Firefox OS development and Mozilla Geolocation services.

2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about learning about the new local community and how I can help with my ideas and support!

3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be to learn in communicating and working together with different communities for Mozilla’s Mission.

Hi, my name is shine and I live and work in Kochi, Kerala, India; here’s a photo of a waterfront and my city in the background.

Image by Aswin Gopinath; released under CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication

Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is how I was able to activate community builders to spread the mission of mozilla in my state. I was able to organize various talks and workshops; I even got an opportunity to inaugurate a FOSS Club in a college.

Looking back at 2015, the thing I am not proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is where I haven’t met up to the goals I set for myself to contribute to the community. I’ve wanted to build a whole portal for the community for a smooth running, motivating contributors, etc. I promise myself every time, every year, but never push myself to actually get it done. I hope to get it done soon.

Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I want to hear and listen to how people went through similar scenarios in their respective communities and how they tackled issues to reach their goal. I also want to activate my community in areas we lack (we have very little code contributors; simply because of the steep initial setup and learning curve)

The skill I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be how to motivate fellow community members to contribute and spread the mission of mozilla around.

Here’s the translation of what I just typed above, in my native language [Malayalam] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malayalam) (inspired by @akshay’s post above) :

നമസ്കാരം, എന്റെ പേര് ഷൈന്‍. എന്റെ താമസവും ജോലിയും **കൊച്ചി**യിലാണ്. എന്റെ നഗരത്തിന്റെ ഒരു പടം നേരത്തെ കണ്ടിരുന്നല്ലോ (you’ve seen a picture of my city earlier).

2015-ലേക്കു് തിരിഞ്ഞുനോക്കുമ്പോള്‍, മോസില്ലയില്‍ എന്റെ പങ്കാളിത്വത്തില്‍ എനിക്ക് അഭിമാനിക്കാനാവുന്ന കാര്യം എന്റെ സംസ്ഥാനത്ത് ആള്‍ക്കാരെ മോസില്ലയുടെ നിയോഗത്തിലേക്ക് കൊണ്ടുവരാന്‍ സാധിച്ചു. ഞാന്‍ കുറച്ചു സംവാദങ്ങളും വര്‍ക്ഷോപ്പുകളും ഒക്കെ ഉള്ള പരിപാടികള്‍ സംഘടിപ്പിച്ചു. എനിക്ക് ഒരു FOSS ക്ലബ്‌ ഉദ്ഗടിക്കാന്‍ വരെ അവസരം ഉണ്ടായി .

2015-ലേക്കു് തിരിഞ്ഞുനോക്കുമ്പോള്‍, മോസില്ലയില്‍ എന്റെ പങ്കാളിത്വത്തില്‍ എനിക്ക് അഭിമാനിക്കാന്‍ പറ്റാത്ത കാര്യം ഞാന്‍ എന്റെ സമൂഹത്തിലേക്കു എന്റെ സംഭാവന ആയിട്ട് ചെയ്യാന്‍ ഞാന്‍ എനിക്ക് വേണ്ടി തന്നെ ഉണ്ടാക്കിയ ലക്ഷ്യങ്ങള്‍ എനിക്ക് തീര്ക്കാന്‍ പറ്റാഞ്ഞതാണ്. ഞാന്‍ സമൂഹത്തിന്റെ എളുപ്പ നടത്തിപ്പിനും ആളുകളെ ഉത്സാഹപെടുത്താനും ഒരു പോര്‍ട്ടല്‍ ഉണ്ടാക്കാന്‍ ആഗ്രഹിച്ചു. ഓരോ തവണയും ഓരോ വർഷവും ഞാന്‍ തീരുമാനിക്കുമെങ്കിലും എനിക്ക് ആ ജോലി തീര്ക്കാനുള്ള ഉത്സാഹം ഉണ്ടാവാറില്ല. എത്രയും പെട്ടന്ന് അത് തീര്‍ക്കാന്‍ ഞാന്‍ ആഗ്രഹിക്കുന്നു.

2016-ലേക്കു് ഒറ്റ്നോക്കുമ്പോള്‍, പങ്കുചേരല്‍ സംഘാടകസംഘത്തിന്റെ ഭാഗമായിട്ട് എനിക്ക് ബാക്കിയുള്ള ആളുകള്‍ തരണങ്ങലെ അതിക്രമിച്ചു അവരവരുടെ സമൂഹതീല്‍ അവര്‍ എങ്ങനെ സംഭാവന ചെയ്യുന്നുവെന്ന് കേട്ട് പഠിക്കണം. അതേപോലെ എനിക്ക് എന്റെ സമൂഹത്തില്‍ കുറവുള്ള മേഖലകളില്‍ സംഭാവന കൂട്ടണം (ഞങ്ങളുടെ സമൂഹത്തില്‍ കോഡ് സംഭാവന കുറവാണ് ; ആദ്യ പാഠങ്ങള്‍ ബുദ്ധിമുട്ടായത് തന്നെ കാരണം).

നേതൃത്ത്വ ഉച്ചകോടിയില്‍ പങ്കെടുക്കുന്നതിലൂടെ, ഞാന്‍ മെച്ചപെടുത്താന്‍ ആഗ്രഹിക്കുന്ന കഴിവുകള്‍ എന്റെ സമൂഹത്തിലുള്ള ബാക്കി ആള്‍ക്കാരെ എങ്ങനെ ഉത്സാഹപെടുത്തി സംഭാവന ചെയ്യിപ്പിക്കാനും മോസില്ലയുടെ നിയോഗത്തിലേക്ക് ചേര്‍ക്കണം എന്നാണ്.

Hi my name is Robby Sayles, and I live in Dallas, Texas, here’s a photo of Dallas!

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is to continue my volunteerism with Mozilla. I had the awesome opportunity to help out with a few projects such as behind the scenes gearing Mozfest to run smoothly. As, well with the social media team, interacting with many of our users online daily.

2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about the growing momentum of the recent events. I am proud to see a positive direction that Mozilla will be hero’s to many communities out in our world.

3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be how to be a better and efficient leader. I am eager for learning from other leaders, the best and the possible way to achieve our goals.

Hi my name is Sukanta Pal and I live in Kolkata, India. Here’s a photo!

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla
    is the Kolkata community stonger, organizing lots of events, engaging with participents and
    most importanly teach learn share in this process. I’m very happy working with inresting projects.

2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about In order to grow the size and impact of my community, I will be motivating, mentoring newbie and recruiting them, discussing contribution pathways and make sure everyone input towards community to make it large. At the end of the day I will trying to build an active and great community.

3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be Community building, mentoring and leadership skills.

Hi, my name is Matovu Moses, I live in Kampala Uganda and here is my Photo ( At the closure of Mozilla Festival East Africa)

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my participation at Mozilla was being able to organize the Mozilla Festival East Africa with my amazing community members. The event was a success as different participants from fields of academia, Technology, Culture, Language and Policy makers came together to learn and share their experiences.
  2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about engaging with fellow Mozillians, Sharing and Learning from them different skills that can better transform my Community.
  3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be Community growth, Leadership and having Impact-full activities with minimal resources.

As part of preparing for our Leadership Summit Singapore, please share your responses to these questions.

Hi fellas, my name is M. Shaifque Patni and I live in Madhya Pradesh, India.
Here a Photo of My Home Town Indore Region

1) Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is I have lots of things to express myself in 2015 but important contribution with Mozilla india is engaged in Firefox OS Campaign & also got media coverage in my home town, i had also managed Mozconnect 2015 & foxyeah campaign in different town with Faisal Aziz, Individual contribution is recruited core contributors and managed logistic & organize lots of events in colleges such as (FSA, Firefox OS, WOMOZ, Localization, Mozcafe & Webmaker). We have mre 50 contributors from region.
https://wordpress.com/posts/shafiquepatni.wordpress.com

**2) Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about ** to learn leadership from 136 participation in summit, it is great platform to learn better leadership for improvisation & managing contributors. it may help to grow, learn and teach skills to drive better community for better productiveness in 2016 goals.

**3) The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be ** more focus on Local, Regional contributors or Road mapping for Mozilla mission also camps campaign in different colleges.

Hi my name is Alfredos-Panagiotis Damkalis or just fredy :smile:
I live in Athens - Greece, here’s a photo!

Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is my involvement in QA buddyup pilot program and my return in Reps program after my obligatory absence.

Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about learning from other Mozillians, sharing my experiences with them and moving forward Mozilla community.

The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be how to organize and maintain a vibrant community (global or local).

Hi my name is Tim Maks van den Broek (Mad Maks) and I live in Haarlem - The Netherlands, here’s a photo!

Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is my involvement building the dutch community and the state of the localization of nl.

Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about meeting other passionate mozillians, learnig from them and make me a better leader.

The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be how to organize and maintain a vibrant community (global or local).

Hello Everyone!
It’s Asma, living in Dhaka, the capital Bangladesh, though most of the time I stay in Tangail, another capital of Bangladesh, for study purpose. Here’s a snap of the part I’m residing now:

1) Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is starting the year being a part of the countries biggest technodigital fest (Digital World) as Mozillian to grow mozawareness. The year went on with the later activities with Laura for webmaker field research and web literacy events with the government association. I’m really proud of the work I deed in the year and also inspired much to move forward to contribute more in the pathway.
2) Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about

1. Learning more about community building,
  2. Raise more mozawareness, improve leadership skills and
  3. Explore the Mozilla Bangladesh community more to work as a team.

And I’m really excited about this years privacy campaign!
3) The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be

1. Getting new volunteering experience
  2. Learning more about the Global Campus Campaign
  3. Learning more on Connected device goals (I have rare assumption on this goal)
  4. Interaction with the regional and global contributors

That’s all I had to say about myself before appearing for Leadership Summit ! MozLove :heart: to all! See you in Singapore :airplane: in less than a week !!!

1 Like