I am coming to the Leadership Summit!

Sounds fun!

Hi, I’m Daniel and I live in Maracaibo, Venezuela. Here’s a photo of me in one of my favorite places in Venezuela:

Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my participation at Mozilla is co-leading the l10n area, with the ups and downs that came with it. There’s definitely things to improve but I’ve been learning a lot!

Looking forward to 2016, as a part of this participations leaders cohort, I am excited about meeting people from all over the world and learning new things that help me grow from being a simple user to a better leader.

The skills I most hope to build as part of the leadership summit would be organizing and inspiring a group of people to do more, and better, and improving my public speaking would be also great.

1 Like

Hi my name is Ivan Josue Zeledon Suarez and I live in Nicaragua, here’s a photo of my Country
}

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is Teach about evangelize mozilla vision in many universities in Nicaragua, and then we helped in the first developers meeting in the CONICYT withe the president of Nicaragua. I also participated in the Centroamerican Meetup of Free Software (ECSL 2016) in Honduras, when some Mozillians and other members of different communities and countries joined to share ideas and efforts in the region.

2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about
    I’m excited to improve my skills as one of the leaders of the Mozilla community Nicaragua as well as share ideas and experiences with members of the community and to help more projects that always promotes mozilla

3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be teaching, community building

നമസ്കാരം! എന്റെ പേരു് അക്ഷയ്. ഞാന്‍ മൈസൂര് ഈ കൊട്ടാരത്തിനടുത്താണു് പഠിക്കുന്നതു്. (This is Malayalam, my language. I’m including a translation at the end)

Image by Muhammad Mahdi Karim released under GNU Free Documentation License v1.2

1. 2015-ലേക്കു് തിരിഞ്ഞുനോക്കുമ്പോള്‍, ഞാന്‍ ഏറ്റവും കൂടുതല്‍ അഭിമാനം കൊള്ളുന്നതു് ഇന്റര്‍നെറ്റിനെ (നെറ്റ്‍വര്‍ക്ക് സമത്വത്തിനെ) സംരക്ഷിക്കാന്‍ ഇന്ത്യയില്‍ നടന്ന സമരത്തില്‍ എനിക്കു് പങ്കു് കൊള്ളാന്‍ കഴിഞ്ഞതിലാണു്.
  2. 2016-ലേക്കു് പങ്കുചേരല്‍ സംഘാടകസംഘത്തിന്റെ ഭാഗം എന്ന നിലയില്‍ എത്തിനോക്കുകയാണേല്‍ എന്നെ കുളിരു് കോരിക്കുന്നതു് നമ്മളു് ചെയ്യുന്ന കാര്യങ്ങളിലൂടെ ആളുകള്‍ (മോസിലക്കാരുളപ്പടെ) നേടിയെടുക്കാന്‍ പോകുന്ന ഗുണങ്ങളും കഴിവുകളും ആണു്.
  3. നേതൃത്ത്വ ഉച്ചകോടിയില്‍ പങ്കെടുക്കുന്നതിലൂടെ സമയപാലനത്തിലും പണി നടത്തിയെടുക്കുന്നതിലും എന്റെ കഴിവു് മെച്ചപ്പെടുത്താന്‍ പറ്റണം എന്നാണെന്റെ ആഗ്രഹം.

പിന്നൊരു കാര്യം, മിക്കവാറും എനിക്കു് സിംഗപ്പൂരു് വരാന്‍ പറ്റൂല. പക്ഷെ അവിടെ ഒഴിച്ചു് എല്ലാടത്തും ഞാന്‍ ഉണ്ടാവും.

Translation:
Hi my name is Akshay and I study in Mysore near this (that) palace

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is my involvement in savetheinternet campaign in India for net neutrality.
  2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about the incredible value/skills people (including Mozillians) will be gaining from Mozilla through our work.
  3. The skill I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be organizing my time and getting things done (which’s also my new year resolution)

PS: I probably can not make it to Singapore. But I’ll be around everywhere except the place.

2 Likes

Hi my name is Arturo and I live in Barquisimeto, Venezuela, here’s a photo!

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is the collaboration of Mozilla Venezuela with the National Robotics Competition of Venezuela, were we met a lot of kids who wanted to be inventors and builders in the future, we taught them about the future of the Web and why we should protect it, we also met the most brilliant students on the country developing robots.

2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about engaging with lots of mozillians, learning from their experiences on their communities, what it did work for them and what not, thus improving my skills and become a better leader so I can help to grow community better.

3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be organization, facilitation and planning skills, also to master the arts of Beard-Fu.

4 Likes

Hey all,

I am Sunnat, I live in Dhaka, Bagladesh. Here is two photos: one is a part of our village and one is the Biggest and National Mosque, “Baitul Mukarram” of our country

01. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is being an organizer of FoxYeah Campaign, Firefox for Windows 10 Campaign. Besides I became the RAL of Bangladesh. Helped more than 10 institutes to open Firefox Clubs and because of this so many new FSAs eagerly started to contribute in various pathways of Mozilla with the help of the Senior Mozillians.

02. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about the new missions and campaigns of Mozilla. Going to start contributing and mentoring in Firefox for Android. Help to open new clubs and motivate the older clubs to contribute in Mozilla’s pathways.

03. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be contributing, teaching and mentoring in code base, specially in Firefox for Android and Rust language. Mentoring the Firefox Clubs and new FSAs.

1 Like

Here some image from Sylhet city first one is Keen Bridge and second one is Ratargul Swamp forest :smile:

1. Looking back at 2015. the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is being a facilitator of Webmaker and organizing events like FoxYeah Campaign, Hack on MDN ,FX OS App developing event, Engaging new FSAs. Organiging ScienceLab Studygroup, inspiring new FSA and making a strong reginoal community

2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about a lot things! I excited about do series of events, excited about to meet many more new FSAs, excited about to teach the web!,MDN mentoring, I’m very much excited about make and see my local community growing day by day. I’m excited about how we all will boom 2016 together!! :smiley:
3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be

• Community Engagement
  • Mentoring
  • Be a Leader
    This is something I would love to say in my own(native) language আমি বলরাম পাল এবং আমি একজন গর্বিত মজিলিয়ান! :firefox:
1 Like

Hi my name is Kiki and I live in Indonesia, here’s a photo >>

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is organize 8 Mozilla School Visit classes around my region in a month. And the successful Webmaker Launch Event that me and the other Mozilla Indonesia Community member organize in last October. Doing community event like this can strengthen our community engagement in my personal opinion. And this is the thing that we actually need. A community achievement where we can reach not only personal achievement, but everyone in the team get the sense of accomplishment, together. I’d like to do more activity like this in 2016.
  2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited to introduce more ppl to various volunteering opportunity in Mozilla and introduce them to our local community as well. Encourage more ppl to be an active contributor, support and help them to stretch their ability to learn through this volunteering program.
  • community engagement
  • collaboration
  • event organizing
2 Likes

Hi my name is Abhiram and I live in Hosur, India here’s a photo!

Courtesy: Wikipedia, credits: Kamal_Child

1) Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is -

• the various Hackathons I was a part of where Mozilla presence impacted participants to build some amazing hacks
  • MozMonth where I traveled over 2000 kms in a 1 month period to conduct workshops on Firefox OS app dev and recruit FSAs :smile:

2) Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about -

• Contibute to a buzzing MozSpace in Bengaluru

• Dive deep into Rust and build solutions that have a global impact

• Learn from amazing MozFolk all around the world about community building, technology and truly upholding an open web!

3) The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be -

• How to build a sustainable and active community at the grass roots

• Do’s and dont’s of helping run an effective community space

• Have a better understanding of Foxfooding, privacy month and the FSA program!

Singing off now, see you all in Singapore!

2 Likes

Hi my name is Shagufta and I live in Pune, India. here are a couple of photos I currently have on my phone!

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is the experience at Mozfest through which I interacted with many mozillians and learnt a lot through the sessions and also the ways of other communities which I could then think of implementing in my community, I realized the awesomeness of the global community and was more connected after that. In a way, it also increased my confidence after getting more exposure and talking to more number of great people in and around Mozilla. I am also proud of conducting most of the events in Pune at our college (Cummins College of Engineering for Women) and getting a large amount of Womoz participants from Pune through the events as well as post-guidance.
    :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about knowing more about Mozilla’s new strategies, especially more on how we as Participation leaders can help with bringing more impact in the area of Connected devices. In general, I want to make the full of this opportunity of being a participation leader and try to increase impact of Mozilla across communities and also get more number of contributors interested. I also want to increase participation by women in particular, into Mozilla and want to collaborate with various Womoz leaders to help me with that. I want to increase my knowledge on various domains, especially in technical aspects and code contributions and make myself up to date and hence more efficient in delivering the same knowledge to the community and others.
    :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be leadership skills, communicating and buiding connections, an even better understanding of Mozilla’s new goals in general and in 2016, aligning my goals to them more efficiently, getting it crystal clear in my mind what I have to do next and interacting with a greater cohort.

Super excited to meet everyone!

Hi my name is Oarabile Mudongo and i live in Gaborone, Botswana, here’s a photo!

1) Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla was launching Firefox OS, the new mobile phone Operating System. My role in launching Firefox OS was leading at both the community and phone carriers level to promote retail, channel and engaging online communities as well as engaging FirefoxOS user base in the community.

2) Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about advocating for an open web especially as a learning tool, investing in the skills of Mozillian’s in my community and build the accomplishments and leadership of volunteers locally and beyond.

**3) The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be ** : Community Engagement, Product Management and Volunteer Participation

• List item

Ke le rata lotlhe ditsala tsame tsa ko Mozilla :heart_eyes: :firefox: :grinning: :hand:

Hi my name is Gašper and I live in Ljubljana, Slovenia here’s my best awarded photo!

1) Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is translation of Firefox OS, because we had strong faith that this would be a breakthrough. It opens me a door to Mozilla Balkans meet we had in May, where I fell in love with Mozilla again.

2) Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about meeting great Mozillians who will have knowledge to inspire me how to bring my ideas to life. I believe that we can change things.

3) The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be community building and organization of greater events. Events, that will make a mark in our Newspapers and also in people’s mind.

Bonus in Slovene:
Živjo! Ne morem opisati, kako vesel in nestrpen sem, saj sem prepričan, da mi bo znanje s te konference omogočilo, da bom lahko dosegel več in da bom lahko uresničil svoje vizije, ki jih imam za Mozillo.

Hi my name is Robert “Bob” Reyes and I live in Makati City (part of Metro Manila), Philippines, here’s a photo (skyline of my city)!

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is to be able to share my knowledge about the Open Web to people through speaking engagements in conferences and seminars held in schools and tech events all over the country.

2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about continuing to advocate the Open Web and encouraging Pinoys to be part of Mozilla in their very own little way.

3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be finding better ways to engage people and encourage them to participate more to Mozilla.

1 Like

Hi my name is Gabriela Montagu (gaby2300) and I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina, here’s a photo!

http://www.layoverguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Buenos-Aires-Argentina.jpg

1) Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla are the Spanish live testday for Spain and LATAM I organized with Yunito and the Mozlando and Leadership Summit invites.
2) Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about greeting in person lots of new people to share ideas, knowledge and mozillians experiences with.
3) The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be better understand Mozilla’s goals for 2016,
learn how to be a positive leader, Community Building techniques, events organization, better ways to engage new volunteers and future mozillians.

1 Like

Hi my name is Kemuel Domanog and I live in Biñan City, Philippines here’s a photo of a popular tourist attraction where I am from!

(credits to owner)
http://www.nognoginthecity.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/splash-island-drone-01.jpg

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is being able to share my passion in volunteerism, as well as my passion and hobby in creative design to new contributors in our community,
  2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about continuation of my advocacy to the open web and being able to invite more contributors to be part of our community; to let them have more opportunities in sharing their talents and skills. and also to build leaders among them
  3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be finding new techniques in building up a team,engaging with different people, techniques of rewarding active volunteers
2 Likes

Hi my name is John Baptist Ochieng and I live in Kampala, Uganda , here’s a photo!

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is :

Holding a successful session at the MozFest EA event and being able to establish a strong team of developers.

1. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about

Meeting and sharing my experiences with other Mozillians, learning a lot from them, and most importantly driving impactful contribution.

1. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be
    Community building and Improving leadership skills
1 Like

Hi my name is Fachrul and I live in Makassar (East Indonesia), here’s a photo!

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is being accountable for Mozilla Club as a Club Leader in my hometown, so that I can share the knowledge to others about Mozilla and how important privacy on the internet.
  2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about meet awesome people that come from around the world gathering together and doing some excited activities such as brainstorming, share ideas, get the knowledge of the open web and internet directly from the expert
  3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be html5, css and javascript programming in order to get skill of create something like simple app to share the knowledge to my local community

Hi my name is Michael and I live in München here’s a photo!

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is face to face meetings at unconferences and a Black Forest round table meeting.
  2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about unifying my IoT workshop designs with Firefox OS’s pivot to connected devices.
  3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be strategy and efficiency.
1 Like

Hi my name is Shinta Setiawan (commonly known in the community as Mas Set) and I live in Jakarta, Indonesia. I’m a film reporter, so this is where you can usually find me–sitting in the dark, pondering about life, film ratings, CGI, and lens flares.

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is being part of the new structure that helped to push distributed leadership in the Indonesian community.
  2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about meeting new people and learning about the best practice that we can apply to foster the local community back home.
  3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be honing my organizational and leadership skills, adapting to new plans and situations, and community building in general.

Hi my name is Alvar Maciel and I live in Buenos Aires, here is a photo!

but my neighborhood is more like this :smile:

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at Mozilla is the effort to have in Spanish all the material in teach.mozilla , teaching kits and WebLitMap. And I’m proud of the work that my students do with X-Ray goggles and Thimble kits. I can test in a complex scenario some of the teaching kits and it is always great do in the field.
  2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am excited about be able to make a collective of educators that can think, make and give feedback to teach.mozilla. Be able to build together an international community that respect and protect the cultural and educational inheritance and in the same process grow with the knowledge of other cultures.
  3. The skills I most hope to build as part of the Leadership Summit would be how to connect, hold, support and organize a little and local community as part of a bigger international community. How to build and support clubs :smile:

Hi, I am Shahid from India. My native place is Allahabad but currently based in Kolkata. Here you can see the gimps of holy Sangam. Sangam is the junction of three rivers Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati.

1. Looking back at 2015, the thing I am most proud of in my Participation at
    Mozilla is the the new Reps proposal on how to take the program to the next level. Being a council member I was involved and excited to see the Reps program to the next level and shaping the program for future. In 2015, I am proud to mentor various regional communities in India

2. Looking forward to 2016, as part of this Participation Leaders Cohort, I am
    excited about to learn more about the participation and community building skills,
    to share the community building experience among the fellow leaders and use those experience in our regional communities and make it effective to achieve the goals of year 2016.

to improve my leadership skills. Leadership summit is an awesome platform which will give us chance to share our ideas and thought for effective leadership. Leadership summit will work as a tool to align regional activities with the Mozilla goals
    and missions for year 2016.

1 Like