I’m happy to announce that the CIS (Change Integration Service) API v2 is ready for beta testing. This API allows you to query IAM user profile information and list all users.
You can find documentation about it here: https://github.com/mozilla-iam/cis/blob/master/docs/PersonAPI.md
- This API is read-only
- Information access is protected by scopes, which derive from the Mozilla data classification
- Only Mozilla Staff of contributors with a Staff sponsor are currently able to get access (same as RP enrollments)
- Pull-requests for features are indeed welcome, should you be interested in that (thanks!)
- The data that is accessible is defined by the user profiles. Here is an example empty profile (here’s an easier way to view it: https://codebeautify.org/jsonviewer/cb3f6ec0).
- The data currently present is Staff and LDAP contributor data. Non-LDAP contributor data will be added during the beta testing period.
We also have a write-only API which is only available to publishers of data (the CIS Change API) such as LDAP, HRIS, Mozilliansorg/DinoPark, Auth0, etc.
- This is a beta test, which means you may find bugs or issue. If you do, please file an issue at https://github.com/mozilla-iam/cis/issues (please use the tag
BETA_TEST_PERSON_APIto speed up triage)
- The API may be unavailable for short periods of time during the beta-testing period