Importing credentials from other sources

If we keep adding here, do you think they will listen?

Can’t bear to be in the Facebook ecosystem (I feel gross just knowing about it), so I am dying to get off LastPass - they have also jacked the price up incredibly.

I’d love to give the cash to Mozille instead - help us! Thanks -

Is there any progress about this subject? Is it really hard to add a feature to import from other sources?

+1 for this feature, importing credentials from other sources like lastpass, please.

thank you in advance!

Update:

I’ve added a script to migrate from LastPass .csv password extraction to FirefoxLockwise.

I’m surprised to see this is not a MVP feature. I can’t switch from Chrome to Mozilla without export/import hundreds of passwords!

I’m bumping this too. +1. I am trying to export/import from Avast Passwords as it’s becoming too unstable to continue using. However, I have loads of passwords in there I need to transfer to Lockwise. Come on guys, I can import from a browser but that’ll mean importing all my passwords into Chrome or Edge and I’m not prepared to take that risk with a ‘middle-man.’

Direct import from a csv is essential.

Also bumping this. This needs to be implemented so that I can actually use Lockwise–wish I could now but at the moment I have >1k passwords in another manager that I can’t just leave behind.

a month after the latest reply - bumping this too.
I agree with my fellow posters - this is a baseline feature, not some “nice to have”. fix it please. We can’t start working with Lockwise if it doesn’t have a proper import option.
Also, fix the bulk edit thing. no way to clear ALL your saved passwords in one click or so.

I know this is a bit cumbersome, but I managed to import passwords from CSV to Firefox by importing them first on Chrome (you have to enable password import functionality using about:flags) and then importing them in Firefox (using Firefox import from Chrome).

Today I update Firefox to 76.0.1 version and I want to quit Lastpass to Lockwise… wait… How can I import all my passwords to Firefox Lockwise?

After struggling to figure out, I found this thread.
Unfortunately, I will wait until the release of a native CSV import feature before quitting Lastpass.

Just adding my two cents, I’d swap from Bitwarden in a heartbeat, since I use firefox as my browser on everything, it’d be much easier to use lockwise since you know, sorta included out of the box, but I’m not trusting some random thing someone else wrote on the internet, and I don’t want to sit and transfer my stuff over one password at a time. This seems like a PRETTY important feature, and considering the fact that a whole heap of people have already solved the issue unofficially doesn’t seem too complex to solve…

1 Like

+1 to this. I love how Firefox is still focused on privacy, but if it wants to get more use and market share, this seems like a pretty fundamental feature to have already implemented. Can you please move this up the priority list? I’d love to dump LastPass, and I have the technical knowledge to do it manually, but most users don’t. Thanks!

+1
I, indeed, would switch in a heartbeat, more-so because I’m using a paid solution, so saving a few bucks just comes as a bonus.

Es increible que creen un gestor de contraseñas que no deje manejar las contraseñas en masa… como voy a estar seguro si se les pasa algo tan basico.

I find it incredible that importing, exporting, generating rules for passwords and auto checkup for stolen passwords it’s not considered even in the very first alpha stage. Nowadays it’s a must. Uploading passwords to the cloud or moving them among devices should be considered only with the security first approach.

I would like to switch from Lastpass to Mozilla but this was the biggest NO. I’ve seen the script made by another user, it’s brilliant, creating a GUI and using that script shouldn’t be rocket science for Mozilla.

Besides a plugin to make it compatible with other browsers would be desirable. The main point in Free software is not to be locked in an application, not even an open source one. I say desirable in this point because having an app for Android complies partially with this point.

Please Mozilla, listen to your users!

I was able to import all of my LastPass credentials in less than five mins. The caveat is that this process involves using Google Chrome as a temporary go-between.

1. Export your LastPass data to CSV. For some reason this functionality is currently broken in Firefox and you will have to use another browser to export your data.
  2. LastPass will display your credentials as comma delimited data. Select all and copy/paste the data into a new blank notepad / text document. Name it ‘whatever’.csv.
  3. In chrome, type ‘chrome://flags’.
  4. In the search bar, type ‘password import’ and enable the experimental password import function.
  5. Once enabled, re-launch Chrome.
  6. Go into Chrome’s settings. Under the ‘Autofill’ section, go to 'Passwords;.
  7. Under the 3 dot hamburger menu, in the 'Saved Passwords section, click ‘Import’.
  8. Import your CSV file. All of your LastPass data will now reside in Chrome.
  9. Return to Firefox / Lockwise, under options click ‘Import from Another Browser…’.
  10. Choose Chrome.
  11. Enjoy!

This message has been brought to you by a simple google search. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Thanks @kslaggs to share this step by step solution. But the point is Mozilla users do not have to use Chrome or any third party to do this. We are asking for an import function straight from FirefoxLockwise.

@pixelmort
Totally understand and agree. This functionality should already be present, along with an option for FIDO 2 to authenticate instead of constantly needing to enter a master password (which Chrome has already).

I thought I’d help the people who were totally stuck and wanting to give Lockwise a try.

1 Like

I just found an easy workaround for this, from CSV files:
apparently chrome has the ability to import from csv, by doing
this
then you can import them from chrome

1 Like

Thanks for the help - but your jab at people for not using Google search is unwarranted. This is the best place to voice opinions about the exclusion of such an important feature. No need to pump your own ego by indicating you’re the only one here that knows how to use Google. Just because there’s a work around that involves using a competitors product as a go between, doesn’t mean this feature shouldn’t be implemented.

1 Like