Importing credentials from other sources

Wish lockwise had this feature.
I did the same as deoxify and imported my csv into chrome and then transfer that to firefox. To make my csv valid I had my columns in the following order “url, username, password”, with those headings for the first row.

What an incredible own goal. Whoever signed off on the release without LastPass import must be mentally retarded.

As of Firefox 80, there is an option to import login data from CSV files (thanks Mozilla!):
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/import-login-data-file

The CSV file should follow the structure as indicated in the linked article, but I had no problem importing Chrome login data, which used a slightly different structure. If there is a problem importing from a source with a different structure then it should not be difficult to manipulate it using a spreadsheet program.

3 Likes

Thank you @sierratango and Mozilla for putting this in :slight_smile:

The article linked gives you step by step on how to do it officially.

If you don’t see the import option as of Firefox 80 in the Logins and Password page, you need to enable it by going into about:config and setting this option to true:

signon.management.page.fileImport.enabled

I use lastpass to log in. Mozilla Lockwise pops up and then I save it. Eventually you will get everything transferred to Firefox and you can delete LastPass.