Improvement in the Wiki Pages about the Reps Program

Hello Guys, I have seen that sometimes not all the information inside the wiki are not updated and sometimes it is not easy to find everything that we need to know as Reps in those pages. If it is reasonable for the council Team and the Peers team, I can help to maintain updated all those resources.

Let me know, if someone other has the same feeling and if everyone finds interesting to maintain updated all those information.

Edoardo.

1 Like

A worthy endeavor: count me in!

Count me in as well! :wink:

It’s a good initiative, count me in.

Indeed a great initiative, happy to see somebody outside of Council stepping up! Generally, I don’t see any issue with doing this, and I don’t think you need the blessing of the Council or Peers. However, we should be careful with the SOPs, for these we definitely need a discussion if it’s not simple typo fixes.

I’ve started a cleanup page some time ago, there are still some items left. Maybe a good start would be to populate this with inaccuracies from the different pages so we get an overview of what would need to be done?

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Reps/Cleanup

(the Reps descriptions and FAQ is something we will tackle already, no need to change anything there yet: Reps descriptions on the Internet. I’d say we will share a new description for broader feedback within the next month or so)

1 Like

Just a quick comment please, from the WMO admin viewpoint. Although we are delighted that you are getting organised to update these unloved and stale pages, we would urge caution when you are considering deleting whole pages or significant amounts of content - although the information may be superseded and not longer valid it may be important from a historical or cultural perspective. In such cases we would suggest that, rather than deleting page or all the contents you could consider adding a header to the page with wording like “SUPERSEDED INFORMATION” or similar.
Thank you - Spike

I agree with you Spike.
My goal is not delete anything, but, be sure that the information given for the active project are updated. We can maintain the old ones and write specifically discontinued or something that are great for anyone!

Adding the “Outdated” template to the old pages (ref https://wiki.mozilla.org/Template:Outdated) would be a good idea.
Leaves to old info there for interest but flags that it is not to be trusted :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great!!! So I would start to work on it within a couple of days. I would love to create a little team where we will work all together, defining all together where it is necessary to update the content maintaining our wonderful history. I think that we can use directly discourse to discuss and coordinate ourself in this activity. What do you think? Make sense? Or anyone have another ideas to share about all those things?

1 Like

Sounds like a good plan @edovio ! I would be happy to monitor and offer help from the WMO perspective if required.
Spike

Great to know @Spike1 it is a big pleasure for me to work with you together on it!!! Any other feedback?

Hello hello, seeing what shared by @mkohler, we can start with the first page of the Reps Program that needs to be refreshed. If it is okay for you we can ask to create an Issue on GitHub (or we can use Bugzilla if it is prefered) or something of similar to track the changes and the proposal first to change the Wiki.
What do you think? I’m asking everything first to prepare a Document with all those information that helps anyone to understand the process or be part of it.

Sorry, I think there has been a misunderstanding.

With this I wanted to say that the description and the FAQ will be updated soon. This is a different project that is underway. Therefore I wouldn’t start with the frontpage or FAQ. Otherwise we’re duplicating efforts.

1 Like

ohhh sorry for the misunderstanding! :slight_smile:

Btw we can work in other section. Sorry, I read all the things quickly, this is my fault! :slight_smile:

Any update for this? Happy to help!

great!!! So let start to talk about the first wiki page to edit, so we will start together to work on it! :slight_smile: