Increasing the font size in inbox

I want to increase the font size in the Inbox. I found two links that
won’t work. One says “There is no application set to open the document
“theme_font_size_changer_for_tb-64.1-sm+tb.xpi”.” and wants me to go to
the app store. I am a complete novice on this so your help would be great!

1 Like

This is the add-on you want:

Right-click the green Download button, Save Link as…, download the xpi file. In TB, Tools/Add-ons/Extensions, click the gear icon next to Search, Install Add-on from File, select the xpi file.

I tried to do what you indicated but I don’t have a gear icon. I am using a MAC 10.14.4. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Also it wants me to save the add-on (save to file) in the application (I think) but I haven’t been able to do that.

1 Like

Open TB Tools/Add-ons/Extensions and type this in the Search box:
theme font size changer fixed
This will show the results in a new TB tab, click Add to Thunderbird for the top result.

1 Like

I successfully installed the add-on. But that does not let me increase the font of the message list. As far as I can tell it only increases the font of an individual message.

I appreciate your help. I actually figured out how to adjust the columns in the inbox of Gmail so I think I’m going to return to that.

1 Like

The add-on does in fact increase the font of the message list, without affecting the font in messages. Select Tools/Theme Font & Size Changer and click Custom for Size options and enter something like 14 or 16. If the Tools entry is missing, select Tools/Add-on Options/TF&SC for TB and uncheck all the boxes.

Fantastic! Thanks Sfhowes!!