Inline installation of add on

Hi,

Not able to install firefox addon from my web page :

1. Implemented install trigger to install the addon
  2. Done all the mime additions in .htaccss and web.config of my servers root directory

Upon installation i am getting issue that “Firefox could not install the add on because it does not match the add on firefox expected”

Please provide the solution.

Thanks

It the addon signed?

Yes i have got it signed from AMO as an unlisted add on for self submission.

Please see the files below

According to the error message, the file is corrupted. I tried accessing that URL, but first I got a certificate error and then got an error message from your web server (We’ll be back soon!). Can you double-check that the path is correct?

Hi Jorgev,

Thanks for your response.

Following is the exact manifest.json and error message on browser console during INLINE installation of self hosted extension. (The server path is accurate now.)

Manifest.json

{

“description”: “Forget it!”,
“manifest_version”: 2,
“name”: “forget-it”,
“version”: “2.0”,
“icons”: {
“48”: “trash.svg”
},
“applications”: {
“gecko”: {
“id”: "forgetit@org.com",
“strict_min_version”: “42.0”
}
},

“background”: {
“scripts”: [“background.js”]
},

“browser_action”: {
“default_icon”: “trash.svg”,
“default_title”: “Forget it!”
},

“options_ui”: {
“page”: “options/options.html”
},

“permissions”: [
“browsingData”,
“notifications”,
“storage”
]
}

Error Console:

1501570173601 addons.xpi WARN Download of http://103.37.8.114/~accelerp/test/m/forget_it-2.0-fx.xpi failed: [Exception… “Component returned failure code: 0x8052000b (NS_ERROR_FILE_CORRUPTED) [nsIZipReader.open]” nsresult: “0x8052000b (NS_ERROR_FILE_CORRUPTED)” location: “JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm :: loadManifest/< :: line 5584” data: no] Stack trace: loadManifest/<()@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm:5584 < TaskImpl_run()@resource://gre/modules/Task.jsm:319 < TaskImpl()@resource://gre/modules/Task.jsm:277 < asyncFunction()@resource://gre/modules/Task.jsm:252 < Task_spawn()@resource://gre/modules/Task.jsm:166 < loadManifest()@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm:5580 < onStopRequest()@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm:6453

Please check.

Any Help would be appreciated !!

Please check my modified files and error report with exact server address. I need to fix this issue asap.

The signed addon is easily installed manually , but is giving corrupt addon on inline installation through my hosted web site.

Thank you.

The certificate at https://program.com.au/test/m/securepro.xpi is expired.

Hi Eric,

Thank you for response. I have edited the post to have exact files and server. Please go through my post edited on 1,August which contains the exact error.

Please check the edited post. Please suggest.

Do we need to do some server settings besides .htaccess for hosted xpi installaion?