When typing in the Awesome Bar, also known as the Address Bar, URL Bar or Location Bar, it would be preferable to have snoozed tabs suggested as I type. This feature would ideally be controlled by the Options>Privacy>Location Bar setting.
A suitable Snooze icon should identify the suggestion as a snoozed tab.
After using Snooze Tabs extensively over the past couple of days and investigating further, I believe I understand a little more about the add-on and how it is working.
It is creating a bookmark in Other Bookmarks>Snoozed Tabs for the snoozed tab. I do not like this procedure. This does mean, however, it is already listed in the Awesome Bar. I did not notice this initially because I was using tabs I had already bookmarked.
- I believe the Snoozed Tab add-on crashed Firefox.
- It is leaving obsolete Other Bookmarks>Snoozed Tabs folders in my bookmarks. There is no clean up on crash/start up!!
- A Snoozed Tab Icon appears in the Awesome Bar list on some tabs but not all. This coincides with the list in the bookmarks folder and subsequently the list in the Snooze Tabs add-on. When the tab is ‘woken’ by the snooze add-on mechanism, the favicon for the tab is determined by the icon in the bookmarks list
- If I select a tab from the Snoozed Tab list, it leaves the snoozed tab in the list. Why? If I have chosen it, it means I have ‘woken’ it early of my own volition, no more need for the snooze
- If you are going to persist using Bookmarks as the mechanism for Snooze Tabs:
- Ensure the icon in the list is ALWAYS the snooze icon to differentiate the entry from my [real] bookmarks.
- Initiate a “clean-up” on startup and remove obsolete entries/folders
- Remove entries if selected earlier than the snooze datetime
This add-on is a wonderful tool.
I use it as both a task scheduler and reminder.
I look forward to using it extensively in the future.