LocalFolders issue on Thunderbird/Linux accessing previously accessible LAN storage folders

From T-Bird add-on mgr, I followed the addons.thunderbird.net/LocalFolders ‘Forums’ link which lands here in moz://a land. Hopefully it is still valid.
I love this extension/add-on, it is in my opinion a missing capability (network Folders) in T-Bird.
I have used it for many years to access a network drive with folders there to pull emails off of Google’s prying eyes on Gmail onto a structured set of folders in my storage that makes sense to me for reference & retrieval. I also have a prior-client-efforts archive folder on my net drive as well.
{ASIDE/BKGD: Since MS Win10 decided to push the horribly corrupt 2004 spring '20 build down onto me a 5th time, each time crippling my systems with 5+min browser window and app response times, and the last time, all keyboard mappings were to CTL+ or CTL+ALT+ functions, I gave up. installed Linux (Ubuntu 20.04 w/latest updates) and not looking back.}

setting up T-Bird +LocalFolders (T-Bird for Linux, search for add-ons within T-Bird to get, install LocalFolders add-on) was fine, without a hitch. The LocalFolders accessed network folders’ directory structures show up exactly as before(win10), correctly ordered, etc.

However when I click on a LocalFolders directory the T-Bird/LocalFolders engine just ‘spins’ forever -even overnight -and it continues. I can click on the base T-Bird inbox and continue work in email directories that are within T-Bird scope (not attached via LocalFolders) but any attempt to look inside any directory presented via LocalFolders again is an infinite spinning wait.
I had attempted to contact the developer philoux (in France/Europe) via github, any of his referenced sites/emails, but no luck.
I had also attempted T-Bird’s per-folder “repair folder” to rebuild the folder .msf files, but that yielded no recognizable change.

If there is not a known fix or process to correct this inability to view emails in Linux T-Bird+LocalFolders, is there a mechanism to offline repair/rebuild the needed indexing files within the network folders/directories? While they had no problem before, and still do correctly show the structure, perhaps the Linux T-Bird engine is looking for a specific indexing file or format thereof?

Thank you all for your tolerance should this issue/question be better targeted elsewhere (if so, the T-Bird team needs to correct their forums link in the add-ons manager!)

BTW: this topic window could use the ‘preview’ option to help us catch mistakes in formatting.

If it’s this addon:

it has a support site (on the right on that page) on which you may raise issues: https://github.com/cleidigh/Localfolder-TB/issues

BTW: It looks as if Christopher Leidigh took this over from the original author, philoux, to update it for TB60.

1 Like

I tried to delete this post here on Moz://a, but do not have authority to do so- message said to “flag and provide rationale for flag” but the only hint at flagging is in keyboard shortcuts, the “!” character without any special keys. the bang key alone, or with other fcn keys did nothing. Sorry for the trouble, but how do I flag one of my own posts for deletion since it is in the wrong forum?

Just leave it. This wasn’t the wrong forum for your question. Many posters here get directed to other places. Somebody else might have a problem with the same addon and follow the same redirect.