[MozLando] Staying in the loop

Hi folks,

Due to the amount of exams I have coming up, I was selected to be in Orlando. Since this isn’t possible, is there some sort of way to still stay in the loop of what will be happening?

Cheers!

1 Like

@franc do we have any remote participation opportunities?
@feer56 - what team would have you joined?

Andrew and I do SUMO.
I think I’ll also do remote participation on this one.

1 Like

Excited to meet all of the other people who will be a remote participant. I will be one as well too. I don’t mind hacking together unofficial remote participants meet-ups during Mozlando.

Something I am trying to encourage for Participation Leaders is to mentor, or find time for a 1:1 with someone who was unable to attend after the event. That way people can ask questions in real-time of someone who can either answer them, or suggestion/introduce someone who can.

@anupkumarmishra29 actually ran a recap call for his community after Mozfest , which inspired report-backs of that experience.

To that end - suggest checking out the schedule, and creating your own remote version then posting it here in the Orlando forum for remote participation so those attending can be aware of ways to connect you during, and afterwards. Thanks for this question and to @jgmac1106 for any suggestions on how to make it better.

One of things that I’d like are the emails that sent out daily, for those at the actual event. Even though it may not be beneficial for individuals that aren’t there, I’d still like a copy of what was sent out. Considering the fact that it isn’t because I wasn’t invited, it’s that I’m not able to attend based on personal circumstances.

1 Like

You might also benefit from being in the Telegram group (if there’s one) that gets used for coordinating everyone. It was very useful for me in MozFest when I couldn’t attend.

(Another reason why we should consider bridging all Telegram groups to IRC)

1 Like