Need Assessment Marking Up a letter

Hello great people, I’m Just getting started in web development and I’ve completed my first task which is “Marking Up a letter”, so I will be needing you to help me assess my code. Thanks and God Bless.

Here is the link to my code:

Here is the link to the task:

Kindly look through and tell me on the areas I need to improve on and suggestions are also welcome too.

Thanks once again.

elslamo alikom @Adeniyi_Abdulmuiz

you doing great well done just little notice here :

1. no need to use em inside address as address make text italic by default

2. for the time element after the first address it better to wrap it with p instead of div and as general rule use div and span as last option

3. there special way for the telephone using the a element check this one if you like to

by the way you can move the css code inside the css panel of codepen so it make things more organized

hope that help and have a nice day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for the review I will make changes as you suggest. Thank you

2 Likes

you very welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome @Adeniyi_Abdulmuiz, looking good!

I don’t know if this is something you’ve covered yet, but I notice that one of the two exponentiated values (3 × 104) just happens to get broken by a line wrapping.

It’s good practice, when including formulas such as that (as well as figures with attached units, for example “44.1 kHz”) to protect their internal spaces from becoming line breaks.

You can do that either by:

1. Replacing the internal spaces with non-breaking spaces, using the HTML entity  
  2. Wrapping the entire value in a <span> that’s styled with white-space: nowrap.

The outcome is pretty much the same, though option 2 tends to be more readable in the document source. (Because it’s pretty distracting to see this:)

3&nbsp;×&nbsp;10<sup>4</sup>
2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, will look into it

1 Like