Preview theme without adding it

I finally figured out the 2 step authentication so I can post again!! :grinning:

I am not in love with the new submission forms but am trying to get everything figured out so the themes color codes, etc. will be what I want them to look like.

BUT I think it would be much easier for people to preview the theme like before rather than having to add it.

Also if I want to change a color in a theme that has been accepted I have been unable to figure out how to do that without deleting the theme and starting from scratch. I can go back and change some details but not the colors. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

From what I understand the goal is to reduce install/uninstall friction on AMO similar to how it works on the recommended page in the add-ons manager, which will get closer to the quick previews again.

In the new edit page for your theme, you can click on Upload a New Version and choose the Create a Theme option to use the wizard. I just noticed that it doesnโ€™t preload the existing features, which it probably should. Iโ€™ll file an issue for it.

1 Like

Thank you. That is exactly what I was trying to do, change the color
codes. I appreciate it.