Remove/reduce size of "Site Information" link in address bar

My sNewTab add-on replaces the default Firefox new tab functionality.

An unfortunate effect of the addon though is this huge space wasting button on the left of the address bar…
sNewTab

I want to remove the “Extension (sNewTab)” part so it looks more like normal:
sNewTab1

How do I do this?

Thanks.

1 Like

You can’t remove that. It’s a security feature that tell users when a page comes from an extension (vs. a website).

1 Like

If you just want to hack it on your own device, you can:

Thanks both. It is a personal addon only, so I will hack away!

I appreciate it’s a security feature, but it doesn’t have to take up so much space!!
Perhaps it could be a red? jigsaw icon to indicate it’s an extension then you hover for the extension name.

This has become a very real problem for me. I use a tiling window manager (i3wm) and often place two browser windows side-by-side. This reduces the available width for the address bar, especially with a few extensions in the toolbar.

I use an extension to serve a custom ‘new tab’ page, and its ‘site information’ icon takes up the entire address bar. As a result, I have about 4 pixels of room to click the address bar to enter text. That’s definitely undesirable behavior. I suppose it’s a good default for most users, but it would be very helpful to have an option to remove/hide it somehow.