Reps Identity/Comms Working Group

Hi everyone

In last weekend’s Council meeting in Berlin we identified the need for an additional working group.

So far we have identified the following points we’d like to look at:

• Outwards communication
  • “How does a Rep represent?”
  • Initiatives instead of Events
  • Reps description on Portal
  • Update Wiki pages

We’ll use a meeting to put the goals and key results into stone and then assign and discuss next steps. Therefore please fill out the doodle to schedule a meeting.

You can find the preliminary agenda in the working doc.

What is something in that scope that you would like to help us on? Do you have any further ideas? Please help us out here :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Michael

2 Likes

I think that the portal part can be added on https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/meta-working-group-improve-the-reps-portal-for-recognition/7188/17

For Initiatives I am agree events is too specific.

Part of this is first set the definition of the program and reps in the RepsNext era and build and improve all comms based on it :smiley:

This is interesting to me, but I’m not going to be able to make meetings on
a regular basis.

1 Like

Let’s do the first meeting tomorrow, Friday, 15:00 UTC / 17:00 CEST in the Reps Vidyo room.

The Agenda is part of the working document.

Cheers,
Michael

I can try to attend that meeting tomorrow :slightly_smiling:

Meeting Notes - Friday, 15:00 - 16:00 UTC

Attendees:

• Michael Kohler
  • Ioana
  • Zaafouri

Agenda and Notes:

• Identify all goals and key results of this working group
  • From the Berlin meeting:
    • Outwards communication
    • “How does a Rep represent?”
    • Initiatives instead of Events
    • Reps description on Portal
    • Wiki pages
  • From the meeting (better phrases):
    • Our communication on our documentation (Portal&Wiki) talks about Initiatives instead of Events-only
    • The Reps description is up-to-date regarding that on the Reps portal
    • The Wiki pages are up to date on what we’re doing and what we’re standing for
    • We have a plan on how we do general outwards communications (blog posts etc.)
    • Have 3 or 4 personas for the question “How does a Rep represent?”
  • These have been added to the top of the working document

Plan out milestones

• Document Berlin session about communication and come up with suggestions to implement (Snapchat etc.) → Ioana (end of next week)
  • Create OKR for the Wiki pages that need to be updated and document them in the Reps Repo → Michael (end of next week)
  • Create survey for Reps, employees, Mozillians to find out current image of Reps (build questions until end of April) → Michael to create document and post it to others so they can add questions
  • Figure out a plan regarding our presence in the Monday weekly meeting
  • Come up with a new text for the Reps portal - till mid of may bet it to review
  • Update the identified wiki pages (this is somehow blocked on RepsNext though, so we can’t start that right now)

Dates milestone:

• End of April - to identify every thing
  • Mid May - checking point
  • End of May - what is ready for implementation? -> get Council review
  • End of June - End of WG

Identify and assign next steps

• Outward communication -> document ideas to implement until next week (Ioana)
  • Create OKR for Wiki pages and start the list to update until next week (Michael)
  • Create survey for Reps, employees, Mozillians to find out current image of Reps (build questions until end of April) → Michael and Amine to create document and post it to others so they can add questions
  • Create doodle for a second meeting as checking point (after having worked on it asynchronously) around first week of May (after May 3rd) → Michael

HI everyone

Here’s the doodle for the next meeting. Please fill it out until Wednesday!

You can find the meeting agenda in the working document.

Thanks,
Michael

CC @Zaafouri @Ioana

CET times or ? I don’t see a timezone

Yes, sorry, forget to set the timezone. those times are in CET, meaning the UTC times would be 2 hours earlier!

The next meeting will be on Monday, May 9th, 15:00 UTC in the Reps Vidyo channel. You can find the agenda in the working document.

We need your participation!