Owners: Michael Kohler & Arturo Martínez
The effort of Reps and their time, and the mentoring and resources (swag and budget) provided to Reps are being used in many cases for activities that aren’t fully aligned with Mozilla’s organizational goals and therefore have low impact.
This creates a vicious cycle where Reps and the organization can’t see the impact, newer Reps follow this example and valuable time and resources are used on activities that have low impact.
An additional complication have been the very short timelines for organizing initiatives and events that put both the Rep and the Council under time pressure and are frustrating for everyone and result in less well planned and more expensive initiatives.
The goal of this working group is to create a plan on how to align with the Participation team to increase our impact and work on common goals to bring our mission forward.
Key results (for now without timeline, let’s define this during our first meeting):
- We have a clear plan on when and how we plan/workout our alignment with the Participation team. * We have a clear timeline on when we start discussing goals, mid-term review and final draft of the goals.
- We have a plan on how the goals are communicated with Reps (cadence, transparency)
- We have identified a way to address concerns regarding goals before they are set in stone
- We have identified a place to document Mozilla’s goals so Reps can easily look them up in one place
Possible Questions that need to be answered:
- Where do the goals come from?
- How do we communicate them clearly?
- Challenge: Timing of the Alignment (Goals get communicated top-down and it might be too late when they arrive at Reps)
- How can we communicate the plans early enough so that Reps have enough time to plan?
- How can we bubble up feedback from the base to higher water?
How to get involved
If you are interested in helping in this group, please fill out the following doodle with next week dates for an initial meeting.