Rules to shutdown amp with 10 second delay how to

How can I add a rule to allow a 10 second delay before turning a switch off please, unsure of rules or links work or can be changed. Need more complex rules options may be not just input and output ?

You should be able to build that using the Pulse adapter.

I though so but I’m unsure how to ?

I think I actually need to modify the pulse adapter to also generate events rather than just having an on-off state, because you really want to trigger on the transition of the pulse going from on-to-off (or vice-versa) and not on the state of the pulse.

The way the rule system currently works that’s exactly the same for an “If” rule as far as I understand. The rule will be triggered when the left hand side becomes true and will only be re-triggered after the left hand side has become false.

OK I will try that and @dhylands a modification to the pulse adapter would be great thanks (no hurry in your own time) :):smile:

The pulse-adapter 0.1.1 now has a turnedOn and turnedOff event.

So you can add the pulse-adapter and click the Configure button in Settings->Addons for the pulse adapter. Click the plus just below “pulses” and create a new pulse. I named it amp-off-delay, gave it a duraction of 10 seconds, and then clicked Apply.

You can now goto the Things screen and push plus to add a new device, and you should see amp-off-delay in the list of devices.

I then created 3 rules

“Turn Amp On”
if switch is on then set amp on

“Turn Amp Off”
if switch is off then set amp-off-delay on

“Turn Amp Off Delayed”
if “amp-off-delay” event turnedOff then set amp off

Thanks Will try over the week end :grinning: