SAML tracer

Dear Folks,
Downloading add on’s have been disabled at work as part of security to restrict software downloads.
Is there a way the SAML tracer add on can be downloaded as a Zip file and I can then email it as an attachment and then download the attachement and install it?
Or can the add on be attached to email as any other type of mail and installed in Firefox. Either way, I would need installation instructions as well.

Cheers

Ravi

I don’t think the Add-ons site offers ZIP file downloads, so you would need a different solution. Won’t your IT make exceptions on a case-by-case basis so that real work can get done?

Add-on XPI is actually a zip file.

Download the add-on by right clinking and using “Save as”, then change the extension to zip or re-zip it and email.

Many thanks “erosman”. Your suggestion could actually work. I tested at my home. I installed the SAML extension using the browser. Then using the about:settings found the directory where its stored. It has an unusual naming convention with something like “{<>}.xpi”.

If I rename it to some gibberish, including renaming the extension after closing the browser, firefox doesn’t recognise it.
I can’t re-rename it back to something like “saml.xpi”, firefox won’t recognise. But the moment I give it back the factory built name, Firefox does recognise it but starts it disabled, which I need to enable. And it does work.

I’ve got a zip file now of the xpi and will try it at work on Monday.

cheers

Why are you using the installed version?
Why not use the version direct from AMO?

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/downloads/file/1022715/saml_tracer-1.5.1-an+fx-windows.xpi