Samsung Smartthings Arrival Sensor

Has anyone had success getting a Samsung Smartthings Arrival Sensor working with a WebThings rig?

I can pair mine with my Zigbee adapter
Tapping the button on it toggles a Present = True / Present = False value, but when the sensor leaves the area (in a car) the value never changes to Present = False, it’s just always displayed like this:

Maybe @kgiori has used this?

I asked a similar question in May.

Ah, thanks @1mike4many, I searched for the phrase “Arrival Sensor” before I posted this one. I’ll follow your thread, but sounds like you haven’t found a solution either. :disappointed:

No worries. I should have called it an arrival sensor in my original post. I was hoping the new zigbee add-on update would fix it.

Sorry, I don’t have one of those sensors. I’m sure someone with this device, a sniffer, plus strong zigbee/debug experience could figure out how to update the zigbee add-on to support it. Sometimes @dhylands used to be able to add support for new devices based on someone elses logs and config files without even having the device. I wish he was still actively working on it!

A work-around that I use is Network Presence detection to detect a mobile phone.

Note that this requires specific settings on Apple phones WiFi connections to disable ‘Private addresses’, otherwise the phone randomises its MAC address to prevent tracking (this is a per connection setting, not a general setting). Android phones may have similar settings, however I’m not familiar with them.

When I get a bit more time and some more immediate ZigBee related issues out the way, I might get a chance to look at this device. And @dhylands gives me advice.

I have this device if I can help with gathering logs etc.? I don’t have fancy radio sniffing equipment like @dhylands but that’s probably not needed given it looks like it nearly works.