Originally in response to The window is the container – the user groups things within a container – those things are tabs.
I was reading your thread whilst on holiday and puzzling over the thread, thanks for the follow up and sorry for the delay in responding (I’m going to do more of that here).
So some of you use-case can be solved by a little mock up extension I wrote:
- Easy access to opening all of your containers
- Quick visibility of tab numbers
- Quick access to jump, sort and close tabs
- Moving tabs, opens the container section it belongs in and scrolls the selected tab into view
This doesn’t solve:
- Moving a tab into a different container
- Tiling of windows, probably out of scope for this addon
I’m currently waiting on this for approval from addons.mozilla.com which will take some time, it also requires Firefox 54 which is in Beta currently.