Spell check for English (british) disappeared

According to the mozilla ISP I do have this app installed. However when I type any email it will not correct. I’ve tried downloading it again, tried deleting Mozilla then re-loading it all without effect. Any one can give me advice please. It works on this screen so why not the BT site?

Bob West

What version of Thunderbird, and what version of spell check? And what do you mean by “TB site”?

My terminology is wayward, for this I apologise. First, Mozilla Firefox is my preferred search engine. I have had to abandon it because I lost the automatic ‘spell-check’ facility. I use this extensively for my emails and I send a great deal. For these emails my provider is BT (British telecom). They do not provide an independent spell-check facility. This having disappeared has sent me to Crome-I hope temporarily- until I can solve this problem. I know absolutely nothing about “Thunderbird”, never having come across this weird acronym previously.

Installing this add-on should fix things: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/british-english-dictionary-2/

You’ll then need to right click in any text area you wish to spell check and ensure that “Check Spelling” is checked.

This just happened to me, was working perfectly OK yesterday. I had British English and Italian installed and both had disappeared leaving only US English. I downloaded BE again and it installed no problem however the Italian spellchecker will download but cannot be enabled as I am told it is “incompatible” and has therefore been disabled. Previously had it installed for a very long time so this is rather surprising.

Thanks for any advice