[Support] uBlock Origin

Is there any way - using uBlock Origin - to prevent web sites from refreshing (reloading) ?

I am currently using uBlock Origin with the advanced feature enabled that has selective script blocking, with the latest Firefox (on Windows 7 64).

Various Firefox addons and settings exist, but they do not affect any refresh that originates in javascript. Often I have enabled javascript from the first party in order to enable functionality.

Examples that come to mind:

twitter.com

Thanks!
And thanks for making Ublock Origin free for everyone!

Iā€™ve noticed in the past few days, uBlock Origin is affecting ā€œdrag-and-droppingā€ or copying/pasting into Facebook posts while using Chrome. The extension does not affect this in Firefox, it is only within Chrome. Any advice on a workaround until a fix is issued?

1 Like

Facebook is not letting me upload photos with adblock open

What i should do?

here is not working too, even when i use traditional way of posting pics

https://twitter.com/gorhill/status/852216107188592644

Thank you, that did the trick!!

EasyPrivacy blocking uploading images and files in Facebook Chat (Chrome x64). I added this into filters and now itā€™s work:
@@||https://upload.facebook.com/*
Consider to fix it.

Has anyone been seeing ad on youtube video? Iā€™m on chrome with ublock. This started a few days ago.

Hey @gorhill
Great plugins, amazing work, thanks a lot for everything :slight_smile:
U did my life lot easier with this stuff.

Wanted to ask feature request.
Iā€™m worried about extensions security. Iā€™ve read source codes of some extensions and was horrified by amounts of side job theyā€™re doing.
How do you think, is it possible to have also ā€˜extension firewallā€™ in ublock/umatrix? With filters and rules for external requests from plugins and extensions?

Hello! @gorhill
I have a feature request, please add a pause/unpause button so we can disable ad-blocker all together.
Sometime when iā€™m browsing i donā€™t want to block/unblock adblock for every site iā€™m visiting.

Thanks for the best ad blocker.

@ahanchi, I think you want this:

> https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Dynamic-filtering:-turn-off-uBlock-everywhere

@gorhill

Is there any way - using uBlock Origin - to prevent web sites from refreshing (reloading) ?

I am currently using uBlock Origin with the advanced feature enabled that has selective script blocking, with the latest Firefox (on Windows 7 64).

Various Firefox addons and settings exist, but they do not affect any refresh that originates in javascript. Often I have enabled javascript from the first party in order to enable functionality.

Examples that come to mind:

twitter.com

Thanks!
And thanks for making Ublock Origin free for everyone!

how to bypass google recaptcha? thanks

Hello fellow uBrethren,

First off, I would just like to thank Gorhill for creating such an amazing extension. Both uBlock and uMatrix are leagues above the competition, and I certainly appreciate him sharing this software with us.

With that being said, I had a quick question Iā€™d like to ask that shouldnā€™t take up more than a couple of seconds to conclude. After spending hours reading through guides and customizing both uBlock and uMatrix to my liking, I have finally gotten them to operate (very close to) how I want them. There is only one thing that is slowing me down, and Iā€™m not even sure if itā€™s possible to alleviate.

Is there any way to have a local noop automatically placed on the website I am currently visiting? For example: I visit disney (with my settings set similar to hard mode) and the broken website displays. Now of course, for me to get anything that resembles a web page, I must locally noop disney. I was just curious as to whether or not there is a way to have uBlock automatically noop (only) the domain that is currently being visited? Or must I noop these domains one by one, as I visit them - which, in time, will build up my list until eventually I no longer have to noop anything except for sites I have never visited before?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys may be able to provide. And thanks again for such a top quality product, Gorhill!

Much appreciative,
Psy

Mod note: removed links to example site

You do not provide details about your ruleset, so I canā€™t really provide a specific answer, just speculate about your issue. You say:

my settings set similar to hard mode

When using hard mode, there is no need to noop the domain of the site you are visiting, since only 3rd-party requests are blocked.

The only time one would need to noop the current site is when globally blocking all requests, which is the nightmare mode, something I advise against.

So essentially if you want to block everything except 1st-party requests, just use hard mode, not nightmare mode.

Hi!
I love your add-on and enjoy it a lot. The problem is we have a twitter account. All those posts were blocked by uBlock Origin. I checked your GitHub issues. Seems I should not create an issue there. So my question is from where I could get support about how could get us whitelisted? Any suggestions?
Here is one of our link example:
https://app.quantimo.do/ionic/Modo/www/index.html#/app/study-join?causeVariableName=Body%20Weight&effectVariableName=Social%20Anxiety
And our twitters account https://twitter.com/medimodo
Tks for your help in advance!

R, YI

@gorhill what do you think about extensions requests monitoring and blocking?

uBlock seems to be causing this behavior: Thereā€™s a website I visit and some of the legitimate navigation links do nothing when I click on them. If I right click, however, and select ā€˜open in a new tabā€™ they will do so. If I disable uBlock the site behaves as I expect.

Puzzling! Please help me trouble shootā€¦?

uBLock Origin blocks according to what the filters in the filter lists tell it what to block. Any filter issue such as what you describe must be reported to filter list maintainers, along with all the details for them to reproduce the issue so that they can investigate it:

Can I enter an exception to allow the link to work on my computer? Iā€™d prefer that. If so, some pointers would be appreciated; Iā€™m quite new to uBlock, having decided to try it on my new computer though I was satisfied with Ad Block previously.