Thread: Add-ons not working due to certificate expiration

Unless those extensions synced their options to your Firefox account (and it wasn’t deleted there yet) or you manually exported their settings via an in-addon option, sadly no.

1 Like

I see. Thanks for the reply.

Too bad though as I didn’t think to backup their settings first because they were disabled anyway.
Here’s hoping for the cloud backup. Do you know how long does it take before the backup also deleted from the server?

Thank you.

So, I have both hotfixes installed through active studies and still nothing. What am I missing?

Does anyone have any idea as to why the hot fix is not showing up for me in about:studies?

Looks like the hotfix itself has some bugs (tracked in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1549078).
Think you should wait for the non-studies hotfix as community workarounds are not recommended.

2 Likes

Ok, christantoan, thanks. Sounds like a good idea to wait. Hope it’s fixed soon

Still not fixed. :rage:

Please sort this out ASAP.

SJW, content blocking now seems to be working for all windows. Thanks for the help

add ons are back for me. Hoping everyone is back to normal soon

Nope, still buggered.

Download failed. Please check your connection.

Tried three different Add-ons. Still get the following error.

Download failed. Please check your connection.

Downloaded the files via Chrome, then tried installing manually and it still doesn’t work.

Have you checked about:studies as explained in the blogpost to ensure the fix has actually arrived in your Firefox?

Active studies

• p

prefflip-push-performance-1491171•Active

This study sets dom.push.alwaysConnect to false .

• h

hotfix-reset-xpi-verification-timestamp-1548973•Active

This study sets app.update.lastUpdateTime.xpi-signature-verification to 1556945257 .

• h

hotfix-update-xpi-signing-intermediate-bug-1548973•Active

This is a hotfix that updates an intermediate certificate used for signing add-ons. It is one of the mechanisms used to fix bug 1548973.

Completed studies

2 Likes

it`s not fun to browse web without add-block.
hope firefox will fix this problem soon.
i will not enable studies and will not permit firefox to collect and study private data.

I installed Pale Moon and the relative Adblock.

Contemplating uninstalling Firefox.

And it’s working now.

tm_tyndman

Pale Moon and the relative Adblock.

My add-ons are working now.

about:studies

Having same problem since update 66.0.3. Lost Adblock and DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials.
Tried to reinstall but received “connection failure” message. Tried all “fixes” without success.
Anyone recommended another browser?

try vivaldi. good browser

Cheers Greg, will give it a try👍

it seems that I am having this issue as well there is one thing I have noticed and that it is saying in the options

your organisation has disabled the ability to change some Options