Suddenly every single addon is disabled

I was in the middle of browsing when suddenly the page reloaded and my theme was gone. I checked the add-on page to discover that every single one of my add-ons now displayed a red message like in the screenshot above and cannot be enabled. Furthermore, clicking “Find a Replacement” just takes me to the latest add-ons page instead of giving me a replacement for the add-on. As you can see in the picture, even Mozilla’s own add-ons are blocked by this issue. I’ve tried restarting mozilla. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

same here, no adblock or even browser theme. if this is not bug, but new fox politics - bb and hello chrome.
btw i use fox for a ~13 years, and now this.
already 4 threads

1 Like

Same here, reboot of the browser as I was typing on instagram. Can’t even install new ones from the repository. Says “Download failed check connection.”

Same problem here. I uninstalled adBlock and now I can’t install it back because of the said “connection problem”. I also downloaded the .xpi from adblock website and tried installing it manually - Firefox gives me an error that the package is damaged or something. Would be easier to troubleshoot if I could change the browser’s language to English, it can’t even download the language file!

After it all stopped, I went to find replacements - as the system told me and found some updated within 30 days ago but I keep getting this issue:
"Download failed. Please check your connection."
The connection to the net works fine within Firefox and other packages. I even saw all of the Mozilla systems are online and error free, via their own page. So, I am really upset. No security, no blockers of any kind. I am running Ubuntu Linux. If this is happening on Linux, I do not want to open up this mess on a Windows computer, which requires a lot more security than Linux.

Same here. What a mess. Suddenly Firefox is useless. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

A quick work-around is to manually change your computer’s date to yesterday. This will allow you to re-download your add-ons.

Works for Windows 10, at the very least.

Thanks.

Worked also on Win 7, just restarted the browser. Will get me through the weekend I think.

1 Like

They may have just rolled back whatever change they made/solved whatever the problem was. The few remaining add-ons I hadn’t re-installed yet started working, and everything’s continuing to work after setting my date and time back to current.

Edit: Nevermind, lots of people reporting continued problems. It does seem that maybe re-downloaded add-ons will keep working if you set the date back to today, but you won’t be able to download more without jumping back to yesterday again.

Same here. Rolling back the date on a Mac also worked. Hopefully they fix the bug soon.

What a hilariously bad launch of a feature. Would love to at least be invited to consent to having my experience unceremoniously screwed.

You can manually download, open debug add-on, select load tempory add-ons and select the add-on but you have to do that each session. This new updates seems to have broken a lot of add-ons. I get Download failed. Please check your connection for the add-on adblock plus and honey .

This isn’t the launch of a feature, a certificate expired.

I am having the same problem too, but ONLY on my desktop PC and NOT on my laptop. What the heck is going on!? When I went to check on my desktop PC I got this message Download failed. Please check your connection. There’s NOTHING wrong with my connection!! Please FIX this so I can re-install the theme and other add-ons that I want to add. This is ridiculous with Mozilla constantly making changes and not making add-ons compatible with the ahem…latest Mozilla upgrades. Such as YouTube Classic and now I can’t add it to my desktop PC. Mozilla is ALWAYS making upgrades to its browser but FAILS to make add-ons compatible with its upgrades. That is UNACCEPTABLE, because not doing so is like you’re in the stone ages. PLEASE FIX THIS GLITCH, if that’s what it’s called.

An article that is a good explanation and summary of this whole fiasco: https://techcrunch.com/2019/05/03/a-glitch-is-breaking-all-firefox-extensions/

We’ll be providing updates on this thread: [FIXED] Certificate issue causing add-ons to be disabled or fail to install

My icons for add on’s disappeared too. Looked for “video downloader” and it is no longer there. It would appear Firefox reached into my computer and did a change. I have been with you guys since Netscape, but it looks like it is time to move on. Nice how you can not reach a person to talk to at you business. I guess it is time to move on to a different web browser.

Firefox did not reach “into” your computer, nor did it update for this to happen. Please check out https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/add-ons-disabled-or-fail-to-install-firefox for how to fix this problem. The TL;DR is that you should ensure Firefox is on the latest version.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I checked the version of Firefox and it says I am using version 67.0. I assume Firefox reached in and updated my old version to the current version of 67.0 and deleted my "video downloader and "adware" programs. I did get programs that are similar but not the same. I assume those programs are no longer supported. I did reach someone in you support area and they took over my computer, and they informed me that my computer had 28 net connections and that I needed to pay 199.00 to fix the problem via VPN. That my current VPN was only good for antivirus. After paying someone to inspect my computer, as I did not have the 199.00 to fix. The person tracked down all the PID numbers and found out thy were all program related numbers and needed and the 199.00 fix was presumably a wifi router which I have but have disconnected to be safe. The tech I had inspect my computer suspected as much as I was still showing all these connections even after I disconnected my WiFi router. It would appear that the tech I talked to was just trying to sell me something. The article you referred me to was for a May 3rd update version. I assume my problem occurred with the update push for 67.0 version and the extensions I had are no longer supported. The tech I talked to was just uncool it would appear. He never answered my original question on where my add on programs went. He just cost me money as I paid for a tech to inspect my computer. I am old, disabled, and poor so this was so uncool.

Thanks for the reply, but the article you referred me to was of no help as it referenced an older Firefox version, so was of no help.

That doesn’t sound like someone from official Firefox support. Especially because they wanted to charge you a lot of money.

It is possible that the extension you were using got blocked and is thus no longer available. Finidng a replacement may not be simple, however searching for “video downloader” yields a lot of extensions on addons.mozilla.org.