Unable to find a type of plugin

If this is incorrect group, please let me know and I’ll try elsewhere. thanks for your patience with a newbie to this forum.

This is a query on Why Not, and if there is such an add-on please let me know, I’m yet to find it.

In the early days there were add-ons that hooked into search result feeds to enhance the experience for users, the add-ons would attribute results with useful insight for the user.

What I have been looking for all these years and cannot understand Why there is not a design solution is a way to display somewhere in context to search result a reference to any bookmarks of active user session that belong to same tld, this obviously could then be extended to provide other contextual information based on the common linkage.

Conceptually it seems like a useful thing to have. Can someone help me understand why this is not possible, is it due to google api restrictions/security features to prevent phishing or other scams?

If so, is there another search engine that allows you to code in attribution in this manner? History on the subject would be greatly appreciated so I can stop the painful wanting for such a feature on my browser.

I’ve build addon that hooks into search results:

But it doesn’t link search results with user bookmarks.

It can only show a page-rank and only if user has a payed Premium version:

From the implementation point of view, it’s possible to hook into search results but it’s not easy. Google search result page often contains much more than a page results (like video previews, big images, info blocks, etc…) so there is a bunch of “special cases” which are often hard to detect.

And then people starts to request alternative search engines so the work required quickly multiplies.

In any case, could you explain what’s the benefit of linking page results with bookmarks?