Why Mozilla doesn't take measures against developers that insult users?

A month ago I posted a review of add-on that has stopped working for me (AutocopySelection2Clipboard). I immediately got a reply of hate saying I was idiot. I reported that message and eventually it got deleted.

Now I noticed the developer insulted another user – https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/autocopyselection2clipboard/reviews/1761694/

Why Mozilla did not take any measures against that person? They continue insulting users.

1 Like

Somehow, “Don’t be an a**hole” didn’t make it into the Developer Agreement: https://extensionworkshop.com/documentation/publish/firefox-add-on-distribution-agreement/

That’s not to say the Add-ons site can’t do anything about rude developers, but I don’t know how bad their behavior would need to get (what line needs to be crossed) before something serious happens.

For now, anyone who reads the reviews may get the sense that this isn’t the best choice for them…

1 Like

While we’re a bit backlogged on flagged comments, you’re correct that this is in violation of our code of conduct and we will be addressing it shortly. Apologies for the delay, and thank you for your patience.

1 Like

Thank you. My main concern was for this pattern of behavior not left unattended.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we missed the post initially. The response has been taken down.

1 Like

Thank you. The problem, however, is not a particular response but a pattern of behavior. Any review which does not praise that add-on gets the same “FAKE REVIEW” reply – you can see several of them. As if users have nothing else to do but bash the add-on by faking reviews. Do you think that encourage people to write reviews? What community are you building here?

Please flag offensive ratings for moderation via the “Flag” link and a moderator will take a look. Note that we are stretched thin on multiple areas so moderation might take a bit sometimes. Thanks!

No, it wasn’t. Since you (Mozilla stuff) obviously don’t care about these things, I copy them here so there’s an account of what you didn’t do.

Addon has 2000 users but for some reason only one idiot has a problem. With such dumb brains, it’s unlikely he guessed to reset the settings to the default state.
Link

92 version was released on 2021-09-07, even 93 was already released, and for some reason the addon stopped working for this stupid imbecile only now a month after the release of the 92 version.
Link

Now a days mozilla customer service is very good. Recently i drop message and mozzila team quickly reply and solve my issue.

1 Like

Thank you for your report. We agree that this behavior violates the Mozilla CPG and we are looking into it.

1 Like

Thanks for this information. I will pass this on to the Add-ons team.

1 Like