Add-on gets disabled when user is on another page

Hi guys, I’ve been using an add-on for a web game called AntigameReborn (AGR). Recently I encountered a problem every time you switch to another tab or minimize the browser, when you go back to the game tab the add-on is gone. You have to refresh the tab a couple of times and the add-on reappears and works again.
I read somewhere that Firefox is preventing add-on to work on the background. If that the case, is there any config to change that behavior? It is a trusted script.
Thanks.

Hmm, I have not heard of this before. If you check the reviews for the extension, does anyone else mention it? Is there any pattern to this being related to a recent change in Firefox?

I contacted de developer and he told me that this was reported to him by some other users but they couldn’t find what was the issue exactly. For some it solved reinstalling FF, but that didn’t make it for me.

Firefox 93 switched the following preference from false to true by default. You could check whether switching it back to false makes any difference. This probably requires restarting Firefox, so you may not be able to tell whether it is having an effect if the problem takes some time to develop after starting Firefox.

(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.

(2) In the search box in the page, type or paste browser.tabs.unloadOnLowMemory and pause while the list is filtered

(3) Double-click the browser.tabs.unloadOnLowMemory preference to switch the value from true to false

If that’s not the issue, it would be helpful if someone with simple steps to recreate the problem could run a Mozregression (requires some time and good bandwidth):

https://mozilla.github.io/mozregression/

Thanks for the reply, I tried what you suggested but sadly it didn’t fixed the problem.

I’m going to roll back to FF 92 to see if the problem persist.