1) When the WorkWeek will take place?
The All Hands will be taking place from June 13th to June 18th in London, United Kingdom.
2) What is covered by Mozilla?
All meals, travels and accommodation costs while the workweek takes place. All food are included during the event. We will be using public transport to get from the Airport to the hotel. More information to come in the wiki, or here.
3) Do I need a visa to enter UK?
If you are unsure if you need a visa or not, please visit this page:
You will need a valid passport for at least 6 months to enter the country.
4) Does Mozilla covers Visa fees?
Yes, we will be covering costs related to visas. Please contact Francisco for more information.
5) How will be the process to request reimbursement for visa fees?
If you are a Rep, you only need to file a budget request through the standard process. There is an event page in Reps portal, so you can include it in your request. If you are not a Rep, please contact a Rep in your country, or in your region to help you out. If that Rep doesn’t know how to help you, or refuse to help you for some reason, please contact Francisco Picolini.
6) What papers do I need in order to request the visa?
Each country has different requests, please contact your local UK embassy in your city for more information. If you have to request something special, please contact Brianna or Francisco. We will be sending an invitation letter, and the hotel confirmation as soon as possible. With that and the flight confirmation email from Egencia, should be enough.
7) How do I book the flights?
After you complete the registration (through the link you’ve received in your email), you will receive an email with a link to book the flight. On that link you will be requested to create an account. Note that if you already have an account, you will have to access with your details.
8) I’ve requested an account in Egencia, but I haven’t received anything yet.
Note that the account authorization is manually, so don’t expect immediate replies, or an email on a weekend. Also, if you have already an account, you will be able to access with your user and password. If it has been more than 72 hours without a reply, please contact Francisco Picolini.
9) It ask for Traveler Group and department
Please include All Hands Volunteers as traveler Group, and 1002-Participation as department.
10) Which Airport is the one that I should choose?
There are a few airports in London, the recommended is Heathrow, but Gatwick and Luton are the other valid options. We will be publishing more information about traveling from those Airports to the city as soon as possible.
11) What specific costs related to request a Visa are covered?
Only costs associated to process the papers. Which can include travel to the office (if you live far away, or if there’s no office or local embassy in your city).
12) What costs are excluded?
Since we are sending invitations with 2 months in advance, we won’t cover the following “extras”:
- Fees associated to offices or agencies that process the visa for you.
- Expedit/priority visas (we can do exceptions, but has to be reviewed)
- Medical insurance (note that in some countries are “suggested” and in others is “mandatory” in order to process the visa. We will only reimburse in case of “mandatory”)
- Passport (if you need to do a new passport, or if your passport is expired).
13) I’m under 18 years old, are the costs related to the visa of my guard covered by Mozilla?
Yes, exactly the same as stated above, we will cover only costs related to the visa, and won’t cover the “extras” already mentioned.
14) What would be the process to request the reimbursement?
The same as we stated above for requesting reimbursements.
15) Is Mozilla covering public transport inside London while the workweek?
No, transport during the event will be centralized and coordinated by Mozilla.