Bug after skipping

Hi,

I just skipped a sentence that I had just listened to because I couldn’t decide. Then, instead of hitting “Play” on the replacement sentence, my mouse slipped and I accidentally hit “Yes”. My accidental validation was recorded, even though I hadn’t had a chance to listen to the new sentence.

Expected behavior: the “Yes” button should be locked after skipping, until the newly drawn sentence is played in full.

Additional suggestion: allow us to go back to a previously listened/voted sentence, to change our answer.

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

Indeed that shouldn’t happen, can you reproduce the same behavior again? If so we should file an issue for devs to check.

Thanks!

Hi,

Yup I was just able to reproduce it. I’m using Fx 66.0.3 x64 on Win 10

I’ve tried this on with FF 66.0.2 on MacOS 10.14.4, and I don’t see this issue. After skipping a sentence, both the yes and no buttons are non-operational.

Did you play the skipped sentence fully (so that yes/no unlocks) before skipping?

Ah yes, I see it now. Once I play the sentence through fully, then skip it, I see the same behaviour that you do.

Thanks for the report, looks like we have an open bug for it: https://github.com/mozilla/voice-web/issues/1775