Can't update addons!

When I try to update my addons (Add Block Plus, Ghostry, Avast, Privacy Badger, Duck Duck Go), I get the following error message: “Download failed. Please check your connection.” However, my connection works fine for my email and everything else. What to I do?

Your extensions are enabled? And you can access websites just fine?

I know very little about this, but at present it looks like Ghostry, Privacy Badger and Ad Block Plus are blocking things. I think DIsconnect was able to be updated, but I rejected them putting unlimited storage on my computer. Not sure if Avast Free is working. I can access websites fine, yes.

Ann D. Gracer, Ph.D.
Psychologist/Psychoanalyst
Fresh Meadows, NY

email: objectplay@juno.com

Founder, PsychNY

That permission is harmless and in practice doesn’t really change the amount of data a Firefox extension can store. See also https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/permission-request-messages-firefox-extensions#w_store-unlimited-amount-of-client-side-data

So you have the extensions installed?

These extensions were already installed and then for some reason, I think with an update of Firefox, it said they weren’t working. And they were NOT on my bar at top at that time. Somehow they now are. I don’t know why. Looks like Avast Free may also be working now. Confuses me. Looks normal now for some reason.

Ann D. Gracer, Ph.D.
Fresh Meadows, NY

Founder, PsychNY

Ah, that was an issue that recently occurred. You can find more details at https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/05/04/update-regarding-add-ons-in-firefox/

Important note: Firefox did not update and extensions were disabled. Firefox updated to re-enable extensions.

Thanks. So I’m good now?

Ann D. Gracer, Ph.D.
Fresh Meadows, NY

Founder, PsychNY

You are most likely, yes.

Thanks.

Ann D. Gracer, Ph.D.
Fresh Meadows, NY