Extensions gone, no new add ons will install, leaving firefox, had it, done

extensions no longer work, legacy or new ones. i am done, been with you since the beginning but this is too much. these extensions are needed for simple little things you to dense to add to code, simple things, uppity up directory for instance lol, on and on. can’t install anything, nothing works, fails, says check your connection, BS, connection is good, lie… So what gives, you guys are pathetic. started off free equal, open, now nothing works… extensions that people been using for years, should still work, no matter what, you are wrong there period… terribly ashamed of you. sick to my stomach… you have turned a life long user into a hater, a disappointed person who can’t get away fast enough… pathetic man, pathetic…

5 Likes

same problem here, found my featured add ons used by 300k people, i get failed connection, yet i can do all i want all aroundthe net, except download the stuff i already had installed before you upgraded firefox, i get things move forward guys, but at what expense? your willing to lose a good percentage of your users!!!
here’s a thought before you dive in at the deep end unable to swim, learn to swim first . . . . . . dont release half cocked upgrades get it working fully first, some people depend on these add-ons for the lively hood. . . google chrome looks better by the day :frowning:

I used and loved FF for years. I loved customizing FF the way i wanted. I even got my friends to try FF. Over the years my favorite add-ons would get broken by FF updates. I just got tired of it. I finally stuck with Ver. 56 for a while. So now they screwed me again, I’m done with it, I’m moving on. I guess all good things come to an end. I’m using Waterfox for now and it’s been good for me.

Still nothing works in firefox, installing any addon fails.

Please make sure you’re on the latest version of Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/update-firefox-latest-release

Trying to install an Addon for Last Pass Password Manager because it suddenly disappeared and getting an error message “Download failed. Please check your connection”. Nothing wrong with my connection. This is frustrating!!!

Hi Sine, you might have missed the news: a critical certificate for verifying extension signatures expired Saturday morning and before your Firefox can run or install most extensions again, it needs a new certificate installed. This is included in the recent Firefox 66.0.5 and Firefox 60.6.3esr updates. What version do you run?

I feel you. Longtime mozilla user (all the way back to Netscape). Always loved it, but so many bad updates, no Java, not supported by Kaspersky for Android, add-ons come and go… the list goes on and on. So sad that a formerly great browser has turned to such a problematic one. such BS.

That is exactly what is happening with me. Not only that but it is requiring me to have 2 step authorization with no easy way to do it. It is so frustrating. I am ready to move on to Another browser even though I have been with Mozilla since the beginning! Is it too much to ask to test the programs before hand?

Hi Bmhermitage, you should not need 2FA to install an extension. What error are you getting?

Also, what version of Firefox are you running and if it’s not the current release, have you installed one of the hotfixes so your Firefox can verify older extension signatures? (I have links on my unofficial page here: https://www.jeffersonscher.com/ffu/armagadd-on_2_0.html)

I have Firefox 67.0

In the love of God,

Sister Janet Strong, er.dio of Beit Mery Hermitage