Hey Common Voice Community,
For this weeks weekly update……
Common Voice Kiswahili Community Event
Tomorrow (27th August), 10 am EAT, Mozilla’s Common Voice team will introduce the project, with a special focus on our Kiswahili work. The team will also showcase how to contribute and validate Kiswahili voice data; detail the importance of creating more diverse AI data sets; and present example use cases of this voice data in action
Learn more about this on the Kiswahili thread and you can now contribute voice clips in Kiswahili
Community Session: Influence Accent Workflow for Common Voice (UI Profile Creation)
Voice is natural, voice is human. A key aspect of voice is a person’s accent. We would like to invite you to our virtual Community sessions for the Common Voice Accent Workflow (UI Profile Creation).
This session focuses on profile creation for English language contributors on desktop-sized devices. Our next phase of accent work will include more languages and smaller screen sizes.
- Wednesday 1st September 6 pm (BST)/10 am (PT)
- Thursday 2nd September 1 pm(BST)/8 PM (UTC+8)
Sign up via ti.to attend https://ti.to/Mozilla/cv-accent-ui-profile
Key Dates and Reminders
- 1st and 2nd September - Accent Workflow Common Voice
- Share your thoughts on Community Health and Reward and recognition
- Comming soon: Expression of Interest for Common Voice Reps and Open Roadmap survey
If you have any questions please, feel free to ask!
All the best,