Current categories and interest areas where the Reps and the community can contribute

Hello Lovely Reps,

I hope that you are doing great!

As a part of the Reps Council’s ongoing efforts to further strengthen and channelize the contributions, I thought of highlighting the areas where the Reps and the community can currently contribute.

I am sharing the areas in focus below :

• Test Firefox Voice
    Firefox Voice is an experiment from Mozilla that lets anyone browse and get more done with his/her/their voice—faster than ever. Mozilla is looking for fearless early adopters who are willing to test the new add-on and share feedback before the major public release. To know more, click here.

• Contribute To Common Voice
    The Common Voice project is Mozilla’s initiative to help machines understand how real people talk. Mozilla wants to create advanced voice technology, which anyone can access for free, in order to drive innovation. To create voice systems, large voice data sets are needed. The Common Voice project aims to create an open voice data set to make it possible for everyone to create and experiment with voice recognition technology. To know more, click here.

• Answer Support Questions
    Firefox is used by more than 400 million users. Users might face issues at times and that is when the Mozilla Support plays a vital role in helping users troubleshoot the issues. Help users get the most out of their favorite browser by answering questions in the forum or on Twitter. Your contributions will reach millions worldwide, and you can do it from the comfort of your couch! To know more, click here.

• Contribute to Documentation
    Mozilla is an open community where anyone can help build resources for a better Web. By contributing articles to Mozilla’s Knowledge Base of “help” articles, you can help millions of users use Mozilla products more efficiently. A stronger documentation strengths and grows the community even better! To know more, click here.

• Localize Mozilla
    Mozilla’s translation and localization efforts spread Firefox and Mozilla across the world. There are many different products and projects you can support through localization. To know more, click here.

Thank you for your continuous efforts! Keep rocking!

Stay home, Stay safe!

Sincerely,
Prathamesh

5 Likes

Hello Prathamesh,

Thanks for sharing these and wish to say that I’m already on board on three of them: Firefox voice, common voice and localize…anyway I wish put a question regarding reporting …may I know where to report past events on the new community portal or doing same on the Reps portal…

Best,
ganesh

1 Like

Hello Prathamesh,

At this time I am translating into es-AR (Argentine Spanish) in Pontoon. I do my best to keep it as updated as possible.

Regards,
Gabriela

1 Like

Hey Ganesh,

How are you? Miss you man!

Interesting question. As of now, I do not have the information about how to create past events on the Community Portal but I will definitely raise this issue in the Council and will get back to you as soon as I have more information.

CC : @couci @mkohler Do you have some information about this?

Thanks!

Hello Gabriela,

I hope that you are doing great!

That’s wonderful! Keep up the great work :slight_smile: Contributors like you make the community proud. Thanks for everything!

I’m not 100% sure the Community Portal let’s you do an event in the past, the date picker does allow it, but I haven’t tried to save. At this point I’d say create it on the Community Portal if that works, as the Reps Portal will be decommissioned at some point. If you want it to show up in the reports on the Reps Portal, you will need to create it there as well. That’s not the official answer though, just my thoughts :slight_smile: