Raw notes can be found here.
- Hi, my name is Emin Mastizada, and I am from Azerbaijan. My last contribution as a volunteer was SUMO forum and L10n
- Hi, my name is Monica Bonilla, and I’m from Bogota, Colombia. My last contribution as a volunteer was Mozilla Nativo community, l10n in native languages of latinamerica
- Hi, my name is Vishal Chavan and I’m from Nashik, India. My last contribution as a volunteer was in the Take Back The Web Campaign as a Coach.
- Hi, Konstantina from Greece. My last contribution is building this call with Ioana
- Hi I’m Michael from Switzerland. My last contribution as a volunteer was to catch up on my Council work after our Council meeting yesterday.
- Hi, my name is Prathamesh Chavan and I am from Pune, India. My last contribution as a volunteer was L10n and Mozilla Learning Network (MLN).
- Hi my name is Geraldo Barros, and I am from Brazil My last contribution as a volunteer was Army of Awesome by Mozilla Support.
- Hi, my name is KaiRo, and I am from Austria. My last contribution as a volunteer was reviewing German Firefox/Thunderbird 48 L10n, and updating some scripts I made when I was staff.
- Hi, my name is Francisco, and I’m from Spain. My last contribution as a volunteer was today, checking discourse, starting to organize an event in Spain, etc.
- Hi my name is Lucy and my last contribution was wrapping up the TBTW campaign!
- Hi my name is Irvin and my last contribution was organize and share our local useful files to community space group
- Hi, my name is Jobava and my last contribution as a volunteer was: SUMO and L10n.
- Hi, I am Ikram and I am from Dhaka. My last contribution was doing some Bug’s Verification.
- Hi I am Viswaprasath, and my last contribution as a Volunteer is code contribution to web-ext
- Hi, my name is Gašper, I’m from beautiful city Ljubljana, Slovenia. My last contribution is the best L10n Hackathon - in progress, we start tomorrow
- Hi my name is Mrinal . I’m from Indore India , My last contribution as a volunteer was to organise a community gathering for FSA’s from Mumbai
- Hi my name is Dinesh. I’m from India. My last contribution as a volunteer was a blog post about l10n report (an hour ago)
- Hi my name is Amine Zaafouri, and I am from Tunisia My last contribution as a volunteer was helping a mozillian from Algeria about the connected devices updates
- Hi my name is Ioana and I am form Romania. My last contribution as a volunteer was doing QA on Mozilla Festival website
Shout outs! Know some Reps who did an amazing work! Let’s share some #mozlove to them! (
TOPIC 1 - Contributor Research - Rina Jensen
- A formative research study in two parts, exploring
- what motivates technical contributors to participate in open source projects.
- based on the driving motivations, what are the experiences of contributing in open source and how can it be improved.
- We will cover motivations, connections between those motivations (personas) and the experience journey research in short, but will provide links and documentation for follow up.
- the independents
- the leaders
- the fixers
- the citizens
- Any quick (and magic) things we should apply starting tomorrow?
- yes, check on how we engage/ how we reconnect
- Any AHA moments ? Something unexpected that pop up- ed in the research?
- a lot of aha moments, I thought that open source would be a pillar on why people join and I found that there is a big diversity on motivations - Rina
- there is a progression on how the contributors evolve, they may start as a certain type and they can change in the future - Brian
- Are the people in the personas real mozillians/people who answered?
- they are not we wanted to keep people’s ids secret
- Are there lessons from other projects for integrating beginner technical contributors?
- there are some high level recommendations, one of the key things (easy step too) is stating the benefits that people will get once joining
- What is the value of non-technical contributors to open source or free software projects in general?
- Projects - Beyond Mozilla community we talked to:
- CoinDesk ( a developer who did the open source bitcoin ATM project)
- Open Data Maker
- Open Knowledge Labs
send feedback to rjensen (at) mozilla.com
- Have a follow up session - Experiences Review the doc and give feedback
- HOW DOES THESE RECOMMENDATIONS APPLY TO YOUR WORK?
- WHAT RECOMMENDATIONS WOULD YOU MAKE?
- RELEVANT LINKS:
- Full report
- Shorter presentation
TOPIC 2 - Review Team Members - Konstantina Papadea
TOPIC 3 - Council updates - Michael Kohler
- New mentors -> personal development focus, onboarding will start within the next week
- RepsNext communication - next blog post as draft, we’re gonna have an easy visual structure representation and a comparison table!
- Pending applications -> we will freeze pending applications for now and link applicants to the focus areas (https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/defining-focus-activities/ ) for the mean time until we can handle more Reps
- Council Chair -> ad interim Michael stays Council chair until the 18th of July, then Rara takes over
- Reps OKR 3rd quarter -> we will start with the OKR for this quarter in about a week so we can coordinate with the Participation team
TOPIC 4 - Events - Francisco Picolini
NON-VERBAL UPDATES (