Deepspeech Node-red integration

Hello,
I just wanted to drop by and say thanks for the great work on Deepspeech.
I also wanted to share that I just published a node that integrates the node.js api into node-red as a easily installable node:

The node right now exposes most of the basic functionality of the node.js api and allows for an easy way to integrate and use deepspeech in a low code environment.
You can find the git repository here and here is a quick look at it:

If anybody wants to try it, I’m always happy for feedback, feature requests, bug reports or pull requests on github.

Have a great start to the week, Johannes

3 Likes

Cool, but what is Node Red ?

1 Like

:see_no_evil::smiley:
Node-red is an open source node-js based low code visual flow programming platform which was originally developed by some people at ibm buts has since moved to the OpenJS foundation. You can read more about it here.
To quote the website:

Node-RED is a programming tool for wiring together hardware devices, APIs and online services in new and interesting ways.
It provides a browser-based editor that makes it easy to wire together flows using the wide range of nodes in the palette that can be deployed to its runtime in a single-click.

It’s a very nice tool that gets used by everyone from makers to industrial prototyping or data aggregation. It’s very popular in the iot and diy Smarthome world as a rule engine / orchestration tool.
I actually have been using it for a few years now to build diy voice assistants both for my private use as well as for a non profit I work with. (I started with pocketsphinx)
It’s definitely worth a look as it’s very fun to work with and it probably has one of the most active and helpful communities surrounding it.

2 Likes