Deepspeech : undefined reference to `lzma_auto_decoder'

Hello , i have this error that i’m not sure what is producing it , i spent 4 days trying to install every dependency i can think of and i have no idea what to do , can someone help me please , i’m new to deepspeech :frowning:

make deepspeech
c++   -std=c++11 -o deepspeech `pkg-config --cflags sox` -fopenmp client.cc  -Wl,--no-as-needed -Wl,-rpath,\$ORIGIN -L/home/anes/tensorflow/bazel-bin/native_client  -ldeepspeech  -Wl,-Bstatic `pkg-config --static --libs sox` -lgsm `pkg-config --static --libs libpng | cut -d' ' -f1` -lz -lmagic -lltdl -Wl,-Bdynamic -ldl
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/9/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libmagic.a(compress.o): in function `uncompressbuf':
(.text+0x88a): undefined reference to `lzma_auto_decoder'
/usr/bin/ld: (.text+0x8ed): undefined reference to `lzma_code'
/usr/bin/ld: (.text+0x90e): undefined reference to `lzma_end'
/usr/bin/ld: (.text+0xa85): undefined reference to `BZ2_bzDecompressInit'
/usr/bin/ld: (.text+0xad9): undefined reference to `BZ2_bzDecompress'
/usr/bin/ld: (.text+0xafb): undefined reference to `BZ2_bzDecompressEnd'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [Makefile:22: deepspeech] Error 1

You lack lzma. Don’t ask my why, I don’t know.

Ran : sudo apt-get install -y lzma
Still the same output error…

Did you add proper linkage flags? What distro is this? Why do you need to rebuild yourself? Which dependency requires lzma, sox?

Hey sorry for the late reply , i’m not sure i’m following what you mean when you say " Linkage flags " , my distro is 20.04 LTS , ah i’m following the french model training tutorial , and i’m not entirely sure what depends on lzma :confused:

What french model training tutorial ? You can use our prebuilt binaries on Ubuntu 20.04,
no need to rebuild yourself, especially if you don’t know how to build …

Le dim. 7 juin 2020 à 01:03, Anes Hmida via Mozilla Discourse notifications@discourse.mozilla.org a écrit :

Also, again, can you explicit your steps? I use Ubuntu 20.04 and I dont have this issue, and I dont have any lzma linkage either, so I’d like to understand …

Le dim. 7 juin 2020 à 01:50, Alexandre Lissy alissy@mozilla.com a écrit :

Dont downgrade, just install python3.6 package and use a virtualenv based on that. If you are looking to produce a french model, can you please join efforts ?

https://github.com/Common-Voice/commonvoice-fr/blob/master/DeepSpeech/Dockerfile.train

This is still 0.6-based because I lack of time to update it but that should be done soon. On the releases page of that project you can also find trained french model.

Le dim. 7 juin 2020 à 03:22, Anes Hmida via Mozilla Discourse notifications@discourse.mozilla.org a écrit :

Hello again , i will try to contribute once i get this up and running !
Btw thank you for the tip , i got everything setup correctly following the latest documentation , and now when i try to train my files using my own .sh :

#!/bin/sh
set -xe
if [ ! -f DeepSpeech.py ]; then
    echo "Please make sure you run this from DeepSpeech's top level directory."
    exit 1
fi;

python3 -u DeepSpeech.py \
  --train_files /home/anes/DeepSpeech/STT/Train/train.csv \
  --dev_files /home/anes/DeepSpeech/STT/Dev/dev.csv \
  --test_files /home/anes/DeepSpeech/STT/Test/test.csv \
  --train_batch_size 80 \
  --dev_batch_size 80 \
  --test_batch_size 40 \
  --n_hidden 375 \
  --epochs 33 \
  --early_stop True \
  --dropout_rate 0.22 \
  --learning_rate 0.00095 \
  --report_count 100 \
  --scorer_path /home/anes/DeepSpeech/STT/deepspeech-0.7.3-models.scorer \
  --export_dir /home/anes/DeepSpeech/STT/Result/ \
  --checkpoint_dir /home/anes/DeepSpeech/STT/Result/checkout/ \
  --alphabet_config_path /home/anes/DeepSpeech/STT/alphabet.txt \
  "$@"

, i get this strange error :

raise RuntimeError('No transcript data (missing CSV column)')
RuntimeError: No transcript data (missing CSV column)

Even though all of my CSV’s are perfect and everything is in place , i’m i doing something wrong ?

Hard to tell without more informations, but I’d suspect your CSV is still improperly formatted. Were there generated using our importers or from other source?

Le dim. 7 juin 2020 à 13:40, Anes Hmida via Mozilla Discourse notifications@discourse.mozilla.org a écrit :

upstream allows linking against lzma or bz2 since 5.38: https://github.com/file/file/commit/b259a07ea95827f565faa20f0316e5b2704064f7, which seems to be done on debian / ubuntu

when building current master, it should now check libmagic.so on linux/amd64 platforms and detect if linkage is required.