[Global Gatherings] FAQ Leadership Summit Singapore

I’ll be updating the wiki soon about that part.
Layover food can be requested for reimbursement through the standard process (file a bug if you are Rep, or request a Rep to help you out).

It looks like the FAQ here and on the wiki are out of sync. Also important changes to the wiki aren’t being notified here, eg the update on how to get from the airport to the hotel. I’m arriving after midnight so this is particularly important to me!

It looks like instead of a company being hired, we are paying for an airport shuttle and then being reimbursed?

1 Like

I would like to know this too. Arriving at 6pm Friday. Do we find our own way there?

I think that we agree that the “Official” information should rely on the wiki, right?
Since that’s the main source, and this is somehow an FAQ for the non-so usual questions, I’m only replying here the questions that people raises before the event.

Transportation company didn’t replied to our emails, so we needed to proceed with plan B, which is explained in the wiki.

In any case, the Ground Transportation Desk is open 24 hs. It’s pretty simple to find (there’s also an information desk when you pass customs… follow the big sign that says “Nothing to declare”, unless you want to declare something). Once there, there are 2 options:

1. A shared shuttle where it’s 9 SGD per person, ride is about 45 minutes, and can be waiting queue.
  2. A shared small shuttle for 9 people for 60 SGD in total

Also if you are 4, you can go for a cab (the ride should cost around 30 SGD). Please keep the receipt, but only if you are 4 (remember that the maximum per person allowed is 9 SGD).

But if you want to experience the local transport, you can go on the MRT service. Ideally if you go during the day, MRT is a good option, if you arrive after 10 PM, shuttle should be the best option… if you are 9, you can totally go with the small shuttle.

I’m still working on a solution for the returning, but it might be the chance that we have to do the same.

Cheers,

Please check my above reply to kensie.

2 options:

1. go to the hotel ground transportation service (look for the WT service desk).
  2. go to the MRT public transport.

Regards,

It’s much easier to follow updates posted as replies here than following the wikipage. Even if it’s just to say “updates on this section of wiki” but even better if the change is summarized.

I would also suggest announcements from the telegram channel are repeated here.

Mozilla Discourse wrote:

franc

January 21sjmur:

I would like to know this too. Arriving at 6pm Friday. Do we find our own way there?

Please check my above reply to kensie.

2 options:

1. go to the hotel ground transportation service (look for the WT service desk).

2. go to the MRT public transport.

Regards,

To respond, reply to this email or visit https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/global-gatherings-faq-leadership-summit-singapore/5964/47 in your browser.

Previous Replies

franc

January 21Kensie:

It looks like the FAQ here and on the wiki are out of sync. Also important changes to the wiki aren't being notified here, eg the update on how to get from the airport to the hotel. I'm arriving after midnight so this is particularly important to me!

It looks like instead of a company being hired, we are paying for an airport shuttle and then being reimbursed?

I think that we agree that the "Official" information should rely on the wiki, right?

Since that’s the main source, and this is somehow an FAQ for the non-so usual questions, I’m only replying here the questions that people raises before the event.

Transportation company didn't replied to our emails, so we needed to proceed with plan B, which is explained in the wiki.

In any case, the Ground Transportation Desk is open 24 hs. It's pretty simple to find (there's also an information desk when you pass customs... follow the big sign that says "Nothing to declare", unless you want to declare something). Once there, there are 2 options:

1. A shared shuttle where it’s 9 SGD per person, ride is about 45 minutes, and can be waiting queue.

2. A shared small shuttle for 9 people for 60 SGD in total

Also if you are 4, you can go for a cab (the ride should cost around 30 SGD). Please keep the receipt, but only if you are 4 (remember that the maximum per person allowed is 9 SGD).

But if you want to experience the local transport, you can go on the MRT service. Ideally if you go during the day, MRT is a good option, if you arrive after 10 PM, shuttle should be the best option... if you are 9, you can totally go with the small shuttle.

I'm still working on a solution for the returning, but it might be the chance that we have to do the same.

Cheers,

To respond, reply to this email or visit https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/global-gatherings-faq-leadership-summit-singapore/5964/47 in your browser.

To unsubscribe from these emails, visit your user preferences.

To stop receiving notifications about this particular topic, click here.

Sent Using Firefox OS