Hive Motion Sensor

Morning all

I just installed IoT last night and am using the recommended Zigbee adapter.

I put a Hive Home bulb into pairing mode, ran a scan and it picked it up instantly. So that works perfectly. I’m able to control the on/off and brightness.

This morning, I tried a Hive motion sensor. That got detected immediately and identified as a motion sensor but it doesn’t detect motion. I set up a rule to turn the light on that I added last night and nothing happens. In the log, nothing is shown.

This is early days for my journey into Mozilla IoT. Any pointers would be gratefully received!

Cheers
Andy

I’d be interested in getting a copy of your zb-XXXXXXXX.json file (the X’s will be replaced by the serial number of your dongle). You can find it in the /home/pi/.mozilla-iot/config directory.

You can mail it to me at dhylands@mozilla.com

It’s possible it uses a different method to present itself than what’s currently supported.

Hi Dave

Thanks for the reply. An urgent case of a kitchen ceiling needing to be replaced and completely emptying the whole kitchen has taken my attention at the moment. As soon as I get that sorted, I’ll send that over.

Cheers
Andy

@andyj out of interest which Zigbee adapter did you end up using?
Has this worked with your other Hive devices?
Cheers

To be honest, I gave up in the end. I bought this one:

https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/Digi-International/XU-Z11?qs=HKtb%2Bt0PK3DGpXkwugUisQ%3D%3D

I’m usually happy to experiment but with 3 other less pioneering people in the house who just want stuff to work I ended up buying a Smartthings hub. It’s something I might revisit at a later date. When I was looking at this, it seemed like the appetite and support was a bit sketchy. I love the concept but I don’t have the technical knowledge to really gain anything or be able to contribute.

In terms of Hive, I got rid of the thermostat ages ago and went for a Netatmo. I’ve kept the bulbs and sensors as they’re pretty good. I don’t use the Hive Hub though.

Sorry I couldn’t be more help.