How can i open a new tab on a url of my choice in thunderbird 102.6.0 using the javascript entry box in the error console?

dear thunderbird experts,

i wish to open a new tab on a url of my choice in thunderbird 102.6.0.

my first purpose for doing this is merely to display a completely blank (and therefore non-distracting) tab when i am not using thunderbird. but i imagine i will have more uses in mind later.

i do NOT want to use an extension, because this seems like it ought to be possible using the javascript entry box in the error console, and it is not worth having another extension to manage. also, i want to learn how to do useful things by typing javascript into the console, and using an extension will not help with this goal.

i presume that i can just invoke a method on the right object and it will create a new tab viewing the desired url. i can already see that when i type “?” (just a single question mark) in the javascript entry box in the error console, that thunderbird opens a new tab viewing the url https://firefox-source-docs.mozilla.org/devtools-user/web_console/helpers/. so it ought to be possible.

thanks much for any helpful answers you can give me.

with my best wishes,

joe

p.s. long live free/libre software!