How to configure NetAtmo Thermostat to Mozilla IoT Gateway?

While there is a NetAtmo Thermostat plugin for the gateway I was not able to find any documentation regarding how to obtain the expected PIN.

My guess is that the Netatmo and Philips Hue devices (from your other thread) are being detected by the HomeKit adapter, which is why a PIN would be needed.

If you use the normal Philips Hue and Netatmo add-ons, I don’t believe either of those require a PIN. However, in order to detect your devices, they both need to be configured properly. You can do so by navigating to Settings -> Add-ons and clicking the Configure button for the add-on.

I was able to figure out that both of these were found by homekit addon byt looking at the logs, not from the web interface.

The web interface does not mention homekit, and neither does it have a clickable link to a web page with more info.

The irony is that the homekit addon itself has only one configuration option: enable or disable bluetooth support.

I also seen two Error loading device <mac>: Error: no pairing data available errors from homekit, so I suspect some pairing is required. Stillno clues about how this pairing should be made. At least with the direct connection to hue (not via homekit) it worked because i seen the warning message on the console and I remembered to press the link button.

I think that in order to make the Gateway a real success we need to find a way to expose messages in the web inteface. I am more than ok with console, but I am a developer :wink:

While connecting IoT devices experience is far from ideal, I can say that I am really impressed about how nicely you made the web interface get a custom DNS name and a certificate. That was amazenly nice!

Should this magic PIN be related to homekit? Still not any clues.

(Most) HomeKit devices have a PIN code in the form XXX-YY-ZZZ. This is something that HomeKit users should be used to, as they have to scan that PIN every time they add a new device. Some other devices are software-only and will only ever work with an iOS device. It seems like you don’t actually want HomeKit functionality, though, so why not remove the HomeKit add-on?

Also, every add-on has an attached link in the Settings interface. If you click on the author’s name, it will take you to the add-on’s homepage. Oftentimes, those pages will have specific instructions for what needs to be configured.

1 Like