How to report a mistake in a translation in Pontoon?

Hi, I’m new here, and I find the interface of Pontoon very confusing.
There is this translation: https://pontoon.mozilla.org/eo/common-voice/web/locales/en/messages.ftl/?string=193727 The issue is that the current translation (starting with “Ne ne”) is clearly wrong. The author of this translation also clearly noticed it by suggesting another translation starting with “Ni ne”, which is grammatically correct. However, the current translation is still the wrong one. How can we report it?
The intuitive way would be to click on the “Reject” cross next to the translation, but this has no effect. How can this be done currently?
Regards,
Martin.

Hi Martin and welcome to Pontoon!

To be completely fair, the first correction was actually suggested by Stefan Grotz (and not the author of the bad translation).

Since you (and Stefan) don’t yet have permission to approve or reject translations, you can only suggest improvements, which need to be confirmed by Translators or Locale Managers.

In your case that’s Eduardo, so I suggest you ping him directly.

Let us know if you have further questions and we’d be happy to help you!

Hi :slight_smile:
Thanks for the answer!

Indeed, I misread: because both Stefan Grotz and Eduardo Trápani have the same icon picture, I assumed they were the same person. My bad :no_mouth:

That explains the situation :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @mathjazz and @martin.bodin,
I am a little late to this discussion, just found it by accident. Unfortunately Eduardos email adress doesn’t work, the server seems to be broken and every mails comes back after 24 hours or so. And I can’t find another adress anywhere. Is there another way to contact him in pontoon? He seems to be the only one who can bring translations online for Esperanto.

Hi, sorry. It’s corrected. Firefox has been taking all the time and I forgot to check the suggested strings in Pontoon too. My fault. Give me a couple of days to check them all.

@stergro which address were you using and where did you get it from? I’d like to know what happened so that I can fix it, if it’s on my side.

Oh hi Eduardo :slight_smile: I tried the @esperanto.org.uy adress from your profile: https://pontoon.mozilla.org/contributors/OwkzaKXcudgokmwuXc6lQkFsmhE/ It couldn’t be send and my mail server gave up after 24 hours.

Thanks Stefan! Fixed.

1 Like